Pirate 4x4 banner

rc crawlers

4K views 62 replies 33 participants last post by  94toytruck 
#1 ·
just curious if anybodys into the rc crawling.our local park has started rc comps and it looks pretty fun.i was thinking about buying one but i know nothing about them.id like to buy something that is out of the box ready to crawl,with every thing i need included.any ideas?

#4 ·
PM lazybum here on pirate he is the 08 socal/utah series champ he can answer any questions you have on this subject.

#17 ·
You can spend some bank on these I know when I started doing RC comps I kind of felt like I was playing with toys you quickly realize how much it adds up when you get into front digs beefed up axles and better motors and electroincs. RCP crawlers sponsor our f-toy so I get some way cool stuff. check out thier website there are entry level kits to get started and step up as you can

#18 ·
I have an AX-10 and it is a lot of fun. You will end up wanting to upgrade some parts, especially on the rtr version.

Of course it is not the same as wheeling an actual rig, but most people can't take their full size wheeler out on a wednesday after work either like you can a RC.

#19 ·
And you can set up a course in the back yard so when the weather is crappy you can crawl from your favorite chair in the den.

#23 ·
Some of the RC cars have alot of time and money invested in the R&D. They are not the same size, but the same principles apply. I looked over alot of their design for IRS and IFS during the design stage of my own full scale build. An RC is a great way to prototype and test things out. Think about one of these in KOH as a full size.

#33 ·
I was really heavy into it for a while, but it has taken a backseat to life....got too much going on right now to even think about messing with them.

Got a pimp-cane clod, a 2.2 tlt and a 1.9 high-lift just sitting in the shop waiting for me to play with them.

#41 ·
Jake spotted the f-toy and ran the rc comp at donner last year not sure if he will try that again or not. We will have our rc cars at the event for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.