Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything more about the winch bag rule? Are they supplying winch bags free or do we have to pay? Anyone know how big they are? I need to find space to tie one down.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Terry, that is a good question. I am assuming that the judges will have a bag at each course. Are you talking about a weighted bag? If so, do we still need one if we have synthetic line? See you at "Moonrocks" RunDog

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It used to be the judges would have the winch bags which makes more sense to me, but not any more:

* All vehicles must carry an approved winch bag. These are available through the R.C.A.A or other sources. Coats and blankets are not approved
No idea where to get an "approved" bag or what the specs might be for one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All the judges should have a weighted bag in the gear they get to setup the course. They've been around from the beginning and some are pretty trashed. I don't think any have been lost however. Anyhow, RCAA will provide the winch bag. (But it's always a good idea to have your own;) )/

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
The idea is if your still using steel cable you need to have your own bag.

If you are using the syn. rope, you do not need a bag.

This is what we had in mind when the rules were written.

Now will RCAA have bags at each obsticle? I could not tell you that. You'll need to call Bo, or Ranch.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts