Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this will probably make the hard core precision reloaders cringe but i picked up a rcbs chargemaster yesterday. i don't enjoy hand loading like some people do. to me it is not a hobby but a necessity. it was taking me a couple hours to weigh powder for 50 rounds accurate to within a tenth of a grain on a beam scale. my eyes were getting sore from looking at the line on the beam scale and it was just boring the hell out of me. i decided to modernize the process a bit.

i heard quite a few good reviews on the chargemaster. i also read about a slight issue it has with stick powders (like the rl22 i am using). when it trickles to finalize the load sometimes a couple granules fall out of the tube instead of just one. i gave it a try today and it is damn cool. i did have to toss a few loads back into the hopper because it trickled .1 grain over what i was after. it still sped up my powder measuring process to a little over half hour. since it is new and i was not 100% confident in it yet, i double checked about every tenth charge on my beam scale and it was dead nuts on.

it is a bit frustrating having to throw a few charges back into the hopper because it trickled a tenth over but it still saved me a ton of time and headache. i hear ball powder does not have this problem and that makes sense. if you are content with it being within a tenth of a grain, this would work great for you no matter what powder you are using. i may actually be looking forward to working up my new load in a couple weeks. so far i give it a big thumbs up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
this will probably make the hard core precision reloaders cringe but i picked up a rcbs chargemaster yesterday. i don't enjoy hand loading like some people do. to me it is not a hobby but a necessity. it was taking me a couple hours to weigh powder for 50 rounds accurate to within a tenth of a grain on a beam scale. my eyes were getting sore from looking at the line on the beam scale and it was just boring the hell out of me. i decided to modernize the process a bit.

i heard quite a few good reviews on the chargemaster. i also read about a slight issue it has with stick powders (like the rl22 i am using). when it trickles to finalize the load sometimes a couple granules fall out of the tube instead of just one. i gave it a try today and it is damn cool. i did have to toss a few loads back into the hopper because it trickled .1 grain over what i was after. it still sped up my powder measuring process to a little over half hour. since it is new and i was not 100% confident in it yet, i double checked about every tenth charge on my beam scale and it was dead nuts on.

it is a bit frustrating having to throw a few charges back into the hopper because it trickled a tenth over but it still saved me a ton of time and headache. i hear ball powder does not have this problem and that makes sense. if you are content with it being within a tenth of a grain, this would work great for you no matter what powder you are using. i may actually be looking forward to working up my new load in a couple weeks. so far i give it a big thumbs up.

Blaspheemer!!!!
You don`t enjoy reloading!! WTH is your problem? :flipoff2:
I understand what your saying. Reloading can be a very tedious process at times and anything to speed up or simplify the chore helps. Both of those dispensers are very spify but the task they perform could be just as easily handled buy a quality powder meter, such as any made by Redding or Sinclair. For quit a bit less money also. But as I said, if it helps make your expierence more enjoyable thats what matters

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
i use a digital scale, powder thrower and powder trickler. i get the thrower calibrated to be just shy of what powder weight I want and then I use the powder trikkler to get exactly what I want it really doesn't take long

1 - 4 of 4 Posts