Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a class 1 comp jeep setup for rcrocs it has a hp30 with 27sp rcv's 4.88 an a lockright along with wj knuckles an brakes the tires are 33x10.00x16 km2s filled 3/4 with water my question is will the rcv shafts hold up? or should i just put these in my daily driver an upgrade to the 30sp?

·
Vendor
1,342 Posts
I have seen them out live the R&P

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a tj rubi with them in the front that i run 37" reds on there. Ill crawl a rock where it picks up the whole front end with one tire amd they are fine. Only time ill back off is if they start hopping bad.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has any of you broke a rcv on a 33" tire

·
Registered
674 Posts
No weight. I dont think you will hurt them 33's even with weight. Your running a non sticky, right? If if it was a sticky its fine, which I dont think they make that small.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no they dont make a sticky that small but im running a super narrow tire 33x10.00x16 km2 for more pressure on the rock/crete an to slip threw gates an big bolders easier

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I've done plenty of bad things with my locked D30 on 35's. Had a front tire bound up in an undercut and still powered through it and climbed up. All sorts of full throttle spinning turning lock to lock.

Only issue I ever had was when I had a unit bearing going bad. It was loose enough to cause the orange boot to hit the 3 bearing bolts and tear up the edge. No damage to the joint, just replaced the boot.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Were your tires weighted

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my fronts will be filled 3/4

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i want my front end to be planted plus helps on climbs loose stuff better traction

1 - 16 of 16 Posts