Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 12v dodge that the po bought new. when he bought it he had a professional bedliner sprayed in, im not sure what brand but all he did was haul his 5th wheel camper with it. being as the bed never seen any real use its still in very good shape, but is sun faded badly. its so bad that im not sure if it was origonally black, or if it was a early attempt at color matching. the truck is silver and the bedliner is now a very light grey/tan color. i would like to spray raptor liner up to the bottom body line of the truck, also build and spray the bumpers. if i do this i think the sunfaded bedliner will look very out of place. i have seen a few products that are supposed to bring a black bedliner to its orgional black, but im looking for something that would recolor or dye my tan bedliner black. i dont know if one of the products meant for dying vinal seats or dash would work for this?

any help, suggestions, or oppinions would be great. thanks, otis

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
We used window weld from Napa to make repairs in the liner. Put it in the hole, take a terry cloth towel with some acetone on it and use it to make the texture. To bring back the color, Rhinoliner dealers have a chemical called RhinoShine and it is the black pigment in a bottle for consumer use.

We offered it as a service to customers and if possible find a dealer that will do it. Its nasty, messy, and the dealer will have a concentrated version over the retail counterpart....or at least we did.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Just the other day I saw a Rhino-lined pickup (badge was there) that looked like contact cement - yellowed and peeling. I had half a mind to wait around to ask the owner how old it was and whether it was originally a color or black. That's the first I've seen any spray-in bedliner in that poor of shape.

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Why not just mask off the entire bed and spay on a thin coat of Black Bedliner over the old liner to change the color? This way if you gouge the liner down to the grey color all you ned to do is spray over it with the black again to fill in the gouge.
I've used the Dura Liner in the spray can to fill in the bed on my side by side bed for gouge repairs and have had no issues with it. The stuff in the spray can comes out a lot smoother than the roll on but can be textured easily with a sponge.

I wish I had a grey liner in my Dodge. Black gets so HOT!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not just mask off the entire bed and spay on a thin coat of Black Bedliner over the old liner to change the color? This way if you gouge the liner down to the grey color all you ned to do is spray over it with the black again to fill in the gouge.
this is one option i have considered, i was thinking as long as i pressure wash the bed good and use a heavy duty degreaser i could just respray the liner with a top coat of raptor. i called the local line x shop the other day and they said they can spray a coat over the top, but they quoted me $350-450. i would happly go the professional bedliner route if this truck didnt have a bedliner already in it, but it does and its in really good shape except for the color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts