Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the lift and everything else is done so I thought I would post some gratuitous pics of it. Thanks to the guys at High Clearance for letting me test out there new diff covers.

Later

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JS-Economos said:
Very nice work; how do you like the 7100s?
They are sweet, better than any other shock I have had and worth every penny. I put short bodies up front and long bodies in the rear. Both have the new TJ long arm valving that Bilstein resently came out with.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
onsafari said:
They are sweet, better than any other shock I have had and worth every penny. I put short bodies up front and long bodies in the rear. Both have the new TJ long arm valving that Bilstein resently came out with.
I've heard a lot of good feedback on those shocks; my Tera TJ shocks are gonna be too short for the new axles, so I'm open to suggestions. If you don't mind me asking, what was the damage on those rigs? :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JS-Economos said:

I've heard a lot of good feedback on those shocks; my Tera TJ shocks are gonna be too short for the new axles, so I'm open to suggestions. If you don't mind me asking, what was the damage on those rigs? :D
They were about $170 each. In theory I should never have to buy another shock since these are totaly rebuildable.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Damn $170 each, I was expecting them to be around $200-$230. I doubt I'll get the resovoir, so they'd probably be somewhat less than $170 for my application. What travel are those, 12", 14"?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JS-Economos said:
Damn $170 each, I was expecting them to be around $200-$230. I doubt I'll get the resovoir, so they'd probably be somewhat less than $170 for my application. What travel are those, 12", 14"?
Actually there were the same price with or without the resevoir. The fronts are 12" short bodies and the rear are 12" long bodies without the resevoir.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Shocks and jeep look really good. Those diff covers are tight, i like em, to bad they are $200 for a d60 :eek:

One thing though, it looks like you have a rediculous amout of bump stops in their, isnt that limiting your uptravel?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
onsafari said:

Actually there were the same price with or without the resevoir. The fronts are 12" short bodies and the rear are 12" long bodies without the resevoir.
So I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the resovoirs since the price is the same whether you end up running them or not huh. What's the difference in short/ long bodies - it sounds pretty self-explanitory, but I'm curious.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeepin_NC said:
Shocks and jeep look really good. Those diff covers are tight, i like em, to bad they are $200 for a d60 :eek:

One thing though, it looks like you have a rediculous amout of bump stops in their, isnt that limiting your uptravel?
At full compression the front tires stop about a 1/2" before they hit the inner fender. I have 5 1/2" between the lower bumpstop and the upper bumpstop.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JS-Economos said:

So I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the resovoirs since the price is the same whether you end up running them or not huh. What's the difference in short/ long bodies - it sounds pretty self-explanitory, but I'm curious.
The 12" short bodies are 28.06 extended and 16.03 compresses

The 12" long bodies are 31.10 extended and 19.37 compressed

The short bodies are only made with the resevoir but the long bodies can come either way.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
onsafari said:

The 12" short bodies are 28.06 extended and 16.03 compresses

The 12" long bodies are 31.10 extended and 19.37 compressed

The short bodies are only made with the resevoir but the long bodies can come either way.
Thanks a lot Onsafari. :beer:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
onsafari said:

At full compression the front tires stop about a 1/2" before they hit the inner fender. I have 5 1/2" between the lower bumpstop and the upper bumpstop.
What size tires are you running?
...estimated amount of lift??

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
I thought you were gonna swap axles at the same time? Or did you? Im a little out of it right now, and I can't see really well LOL.
Scott

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1badPOS said:
I thought you were gonna swap axles at the same time? Or did you? Im a little out of it right now, and I can't see really well LOL.
Scott
I was planning on it but I had a "THING" came up and could not spend the cash on new axles so I will keep saving the coin for a pair of new Sunrays.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Who makes the diff covers and where do you get them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts