Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Rubicon and purchased the RE 4.5" long arm kit for it.

On the inside frame rails there are a group of brake, fuel, air, electrical, etc lines running. After installing the LA kit, the bolts/lines are in the way of each other. Is there a better way to run them so they don't interfere with each other? Currently I have them unsnapped from the frame with rubber bolt covers.

Also, what to do about the wires and hoses to the diffs? Currently they are wire wrapped and hanging, which I don't like. I'm thinking about running them down the control arms and zip tying them.

Also, the exhaust tail pipe is close to the shock. Any thoughts there? I was going to see if I could tweak the hangers to move it away from the shock.

Any thoughts????

·
Registered
700 Posts
I thought you had to modify the exhaust on a TJ when you put on a RE long arm kit...or maybe imma thinkin of a different one

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've never looked under a rubi, but i know that on my 01 TJ the lines were up toward the top of the frame and about 1" - 1.5" above the bolts for the RE Skid. I had no issues with hitting them with the drill or any of the hardware.

Also, the I used a spintech crusier series muffler and it fits up there nice and tight....

·
Registered
794 Posts
we just stuck the bolt through the frame underneith them
the threads are pointing out on the drivers side, but you have to be looking to tell...our kit was a bitch cause they guy who bought it bought one for a regular tj, so we had to modify the hell out of it to make the kit work...

but those lines can be bent out of the way, or popped off the frame temperarily while the holes are being drilled... anything that works, works...

-James

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the posts, guys!!

The RE kit does require exhaust mods to work - a new muffler becuase the upper control arm won't go in. So I went to a round Dynamax. That solved that problem. The problem is between the shock and the gas tank skid. The exhaust pipe rests on the shock, and if I'm twisted up, it's pinned between the skid and the shock. The heat from the exhaust can't be good for the shock, so I want to move it. I really like the idea of just dumping right out of the muffler, however, I believe in Utah that's illegal. The exhaust has to dump past the axle or it won't pass inspection. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts