Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
What are you doing for the hood latch? I'm thinkin' of the rubber ball stretch thing and gas shocks instead of the spring latch.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
What are you doing for the hood latch? I'm thinkin' of the rubber ball stretch thing and gas shocks instead of the spring latch.
I was considering 2 options.

The first is: copy Svaras and use the race hood pins that would come up through the fenders.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-willys/1218218-project-willys-mb-lsx-2013-chile-10.html

The second is: to make a small bracket where the fenders use to mount to the grill and then make a tab on the each side of the hood and then use a knob with a threads on it to tighten each side. I'll use my awesome artwork skills to try and illustrate it.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
For those using a hydroboost system from a stock vehicle, what brake pedal are you running?

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I'm using hydroboost from a 2002 Silverado. I have a set of modified wrangler pedals hanging from their factory bracket. I think I have some photos in my "Mild M38 Build".

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I modified the pedal from the chevy truck I took the Hydroboost out of and I sent it to VANCO for some massaging, because of the full hydro steering I used on the '48 flatty. Massaging meaning I cut the pedal arm and welded it back to work with the flatty floor. It's in my '48 flatty build thread.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I was considering 2 options.

The first is: copy Svaras and use the race hood pins that would come up through the fenders.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-willys/1218218-project-willys-mb-lsx-2013-chile-10.html

The second is: to make a small bracket where the fenders use to mount to the grill and then make a tab on the each side of the hood and then use a knob with a threads on it to tighten each side. I'll use my awesome artwork skills to try and illustrate it.

Snowmobile latch works pretty slick also.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I built some fenders on my hood.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks good!

I so need to move somewhere that they don't require the tires to be covered! :D

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
word on the street is someone painted their entire rig a different color ?????

well.....?
I thought about it, but could not get myself to change. I painted the hood and fenders to match the existing color. I am going to spray the tub over to match the new paint on the hood and fenders, but it is still the same color.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Used a k rail to check clearances on fenders and new flat belly skid plate. Everything was good. My skid plate is 0.25” plate that covers from the harmonic balancer to my rear tc yoke.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Cool to see it put all back together looking sweet again. Jealous of you ability to power though projects like you do. How did you end up liking the 4.88s now that you have it back on the road ?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
It is a lot better than I thought that it would be on the highway, it seems to work well in low too. I have not been out on any trails yet, but I have drove up on different obstacles and it has done fine. I think the motor hp and torque make up the difference. I’ll run it this year and when I change my rear 9 to 35 spline axles, I’ll decide then if I’ll change. I think the lowest that I would go is 5.38s.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
With all the changes that I made to my rig, it only increased my weight by 200#. Total weight is 4560#, with 26 gallons of fuel. The front axle Is 200# heavier than the rear.

·
Willys Fan
683 Posts
Congrats!

I recognize that rig! Congratulations!

I was just looking at the list of finalists for the Four Wheeler 2019 Ultimate Adventure on the web... Congratulations on your selection as a finalist for this years event! Very cool! Great to see your flattie in the mix!!! Way to go!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I recognize that rig! Congratulations!

I was just looking at the list of finalists for the Four Wheeler 2019 Ultimate Adventure on the web... Congratulations on your selection as a finalist for this years event! Very cool! Great to see your flattie in the mix!!! Way to go!
Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea and have not been notified about anything. I’ll see what’s next.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-adventure/2019/1908-dirty-dozenish-finalists-ultimate-adventure-2019-ua2019/

81 - 100 of 119 Posts