Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to reach Charlie, He's supposed to be one of the best 3.8SC experts around (mine's a 1995 OBD1) and after this weekend's mess and broken aluminim casting on my existing motor,my 3.8SC will be in for the SC.

Primarily, I need a harness and ECU programmed (I have the factory stuff) I've talked to several shops who can do it but so far I've got "about two weeks", hoping Charlie can be faster.

Tonyk- what about you??

Thanks in advance!
Ken

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The number I have for him is (801)796-6808, Just 4 Fun Motorsports. Hope it's a current number....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just for Fun Motorsports in Orem, Ut
Sorry I can't seem o find a phone number.
The Rocklogic guys or Bart/FnBuggy should have it. If they don't see this, pm/email one of them.
Marc

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Does anybody know how the blower is effected by the ECU, if at all? I have been kicking around the idea of using a "Super Squirt" EFI system instead of the stock ECU and I am not sure what happens with the ignition and blower(?) controls if I take away the ECU.
Also, does anybody know if the cylinder head pattern is 8 or 14 bolt on the SC?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Lean said:
The number I have for him is (801)796-6808, Just 4 Fun Motorsports. Hope it's a current number....
That's it, thanks! Getting progress made!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mcstiff said:
Does anybody know how the blower is effected by the ECU, if at all? I have been kicking around the idea of using a "Super Squirt" EFI system instead of the stock ECU and I am not sure what happens with the ignition and blower(?) controls if I take away the ECU.
Super Squirt? Ya mean MegaSquirt? There are no EFI controls on the blower. MS will do fueling and a distributor type ignition, but so far, the only DIS type ignition it's working with is Ford's EDIS.

There is current work on a GM DIS control though, on the MS-II. Hopefully, soon.

I've got an '01 SC motor ready for a swap and plan to use the MS that's currently on my turbo 4-banger to run it. The ignition is the one thing not worked out yet. I want to use the DIS parts that are on the motor, but worst case, I can switch to an EDIS module & coils if that's not ready when I need it.

Also, does anybody know if the cylinder head pattern is 8 or 14 bolt on the SC?
8 I think. Mine's got 4 bolts across exhaust port side of the heads anyways.

--Dan

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah "Mega Squirt" LOL. Sounds like you are doing the same thing as me. Keep me updated on your progress.
The reason I asked about the bolt pattern is because the TA performance AL 4.1 block is calling my name :evil: It is a very expensive ($4k) way to solve the ignition problem (I would run a DUI distributor) but there are a lot of other added features I like (6 bolt mains, dual BH patterns, upgraded oil passages, 3.625 max stroke, Dry sump provisions, cross braced lifter valley, to name a few) :grinpimp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts