Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hi there, not new to pirate but definetly new to samurai's. i have had an 84 toyota for about 2 years now, and i just picked up an 86 sami the other day to do a cheap build on. cleaned about 10 pounds of rat nest and crap outta it, it sat outside with no top for at least a couple years, it smokes super bad and the tranny makes noise, luckely i have another engine and tranny that ill swap out in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey im Tanner, I've been wheelin about 2 years now. I have a tt that started out with an add-a-leaf to fit 215's under it. now its geared and locked with 31's not too sure how to add pics but i will when i figure it out!

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey all, i've just picked up a 93 sidekick and an 88 tracker and am looking for some ideas. would like to put yota axles under the kick and am thinking of putting a sammy front axle under the tracker because i already have it and would like to keep it a cheap wheeler. is this a worthwhile idea? where is a good place to get a steering arm for the sammy diff or would stock work?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Figured I should check in since I'll be posting here more...

I've had my 95 TracKick since May of '07. Bought it from my uncles estate after he passed. When I got it it was a bone stock tracker, only addition was some AutoZone Flames :shaking: by a previous owner.

Now it sports a 2" spring spacer lift, 2" Body Lift, Some Junkyard 15x8 steelies and a set of 31x10.50's. I would love to do something more hardcore with it, but it makes a perfect camping rig as is, so it'll look like this for a while.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got a 87' sami baught it completly stock.First made some rear and front custom bumpers. Rebuilt the 1.3l in it. Dropped in the G.R.S 2 transfercase, Air lockers just got put it. Just finished the full roll cage, just pimer right now.
got my kicken sound system in it.

Next is getting some YJ springs underneith then toyota axles. Some bigger tires. 4-link set up. And much more........

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never checked in a long time ago... I was that luker... Been playing with a 92 zuk for 4-5 years now. Had a kid in the middle of the yota swap so I wasn't able to finish it up for over a year. Almost there... fewwww

A couple more test runs then she hits the trails! Cheers!

YouTube - LegoWrenchHillClim2009

Was:

Working with now:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Just finally checking in since I just got my red star. I got an '87 tintop and the plans were to build an exo and have it similar to blueballs and 2slow's rig who I did contact early on on my build for advice. Well, evolution (shit) happens and here is some pics of my journey...

Started out real clean, there was even wax on the fawker!

Flopped/Rolled her a few times and gave her a haircut (I grudge cut it!).

Here's me on Sledgehammer still representing stock (chromy) axles on 33's. Handled it no problem with the 18" frame stretch.

I threw some 35's under her a month ago and broke a rear axle and exploded my TT spool on Gatekeeper so now she is on stands in the yard for my Yota swap. I've been collecting parts and have purchased all the hard to find items already: Rear v6 third housing, front HighPinion housing, Rear IFS axle and a set of 37x13.50 Rockers. So now all I have to do is web shop for the rest. I will have it all finished up for early next season. Catch y'all on the trail.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I don't have a 'zuk, but we're lookin at building a first gen toyota/zuki hybrid so I figured I oughta check the other parts of pbb out, I normally lurk in the toy forums.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check In

Had a very nice stage 2 '90 Samurai, mostly built by Joe S. 1.6L, 5.14 gears in Tcase, YJ springs with missing links, 31's, tons of other lil crap. Super fun and capable, until it got stolen... :flipoff: to the thieves out there! Now I'm looking for a nice clean stocker or stage 2 for a reasonable price (seems like everyone wants your first born for a Sami these days).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi , from Wales UK.

Hi , guys , Richie from Wales in the Uk.

Heres my Vitara 'Commercial' (van body) fitted with the Peugeot 1.9 Turbo Diesel as standard. Reffited interior and rear windows (need the seats for the kids), Calmini running gear with grand Vitara front springs and spacers (calmini springs wouldnt hold the weight of the TD and winch bumper). Rear LSD (from X-EC limited edition) and Steel front axle from Diesel Grand Vitara. Off Road Armoury bumpers , champion c1000 winch. 3" bodylift. Running 31" Amazon tyres on 10" rims.

Some more pics to follow.

Richie

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
heres my sammys in order of them becoming mine!

Toy axles(longs456, locked fr/rr), 22r, toy case with 4.7, 4 link fr/rr, TJ coils, 35 Krawlers
me1.jpg

YouTube - ZOTR 2007 rollover

1.6, 5.13, SPOA, locked fr/rr, 32 BFGs, cross over steering, opening shackles fr/rr
n531507183_1227811_5642[1].jpg

Before
13" wire wheels, blocks under axle to lower more than stock
side pic.JPG

After
1.3, everything stock, SPOA, 31" TruXus, DD NEVER TAKIN OFF ROAD!!
IMG_3401.JPG

First Suzuki, SJ410, stock
first sammy.jpg

Now all my Sammys are gone and I'm building a '84 toy pickup

·
Registered
159 Posts
Checking in from Va.! Been looking for a while soaking it all in. *The PBB info.* Good stuff here! I proudly own a 87 TinTop. The same O'l 6"soa, locked F/R, 5.14 t-case, 31-33s blah blah! Its a trail toy I enjoy to the fullest! Soon to take on another build with it. Toyos, Comp cut * not fully * , F/R lockers, 6.5, 35-37s.

Thanks! Back to the boards. . .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Checkin in.
Name is Loren. Im 19.Been wheeling 5-6 years. Live in Fresno,Ca. Built 4 rigs so far. down to a POS bronco. but am building my sister a 91 Sidekick 1.6 efi. got it stock and started working on it a couple days ago. Got plans, might make a build up thread...
crappy stock pic with my dad driving it.

As of yesterday.

Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics

·
Registered
594 Posts
checkin in

Shane from Klamath Falls OR checkin in and showin a few pics of my zuke.

First and only zuk - had it since 2002. Bought it from Brent at Trail Tough. It had SPOA on it and 32x11.5.
First upgrade was high steer, 4:1, rear bumper w/ carrier.
Second upgrade was Wrangler suspension, missing links, 5:13, lockers, 33x13.5x15 LTBs, and stinger front bumper. Added Trail Tough front cage and winch a year later. Then wheeled the shit out of it.
Currently in third upgrade stage undergoing: Phase 4, 3 link front, 4 link rear, hyd-assist steering, sway-away race runner dual rate coil over shocks, '96 Land Cruiser FZJ80 front axle with ARB and 5:29, 39" IROKs. Rear axle is '98 4 Runner with factory electric locker and 5:29. Engine is a '94 Sidekick, 3 speed auto trans, OTT box, Toyota T Case with 4.7 gears. Not done yet, but hoping for Easter Jeep Safari '10.

Will start a build thread as soon as I figure out how to work this computer thing.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Names Eric. I live in san marcos tx and go to school at Texas State University. I own a 1990 suzuki sidekick that I have been messing with. Has the calmini 2" lift with ome front springs netting about 3.5" of lift and ome struts. Has rear coil spacer and dt shocks. 30x9.50 BFG A/T's. Freshly rebuilt 1.6 8v with doug thorley header and 2 1/4 inch exhaust through a magnaflow cat and spintech muffler. It's got some other odds and ins.

This pic was when I only had the 2inch lift and 235/75/15's.

181 - 200 of 527 Posts