Pirate 4x4 banner

421 - 440 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
:D Hey guys, My name is Steven. I live in Maple Valley, WA, and I drive a 93 Geo tracker. It falls under class 1 and its pretty much bone stock minus cold air intake, the meats, and an imaginary turbo.

When I got it last october:

Last weekend:

·
Registered
730 Posts
New Samurai owner checking in...

I was a toy guy, decided to go to the "dark side." Just bought this little beast, and I'll be going through it from top to bottom. Great start, but needs some pirate-style tlc. :flipoff2:

Currently a type 1.5 rig.
Plans:
DD first, weekend warrior second.:shaking:
Currently has built Zuk axles, 1.6 w\ Harley CV carb, YJ springs (SOA soon to come). gearing, crawlbox probably 4:1, winch, bumpers, etc.

Looking forward to learning about these things from all the insight pirate offers.
-Andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I'm Kelly from Eugene, Oregon.
I got my Zuk about 4 years ago my senior year in high school.
Since Ive bought it the only thing the same is the frame.
Parts list:
22r
L52 tranny
4.7's
toyota 8" axles
trunnion eliminator
5.29's
lincoln locked rear
lockrite front
36" Iroks
rear disc brake
Exo cage
Toyota power steering
TG High steer
Warn Hubs
6 shooters
Yj springs f&r
Dove nose

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Middle aged new guy checking in.

I'm Allen from Goose Creek, SC. I've never been into wheeling and have been road racing and autocrossing for the last 10+ years. It's time to change gears and slow down a little. I have gotten back into camping and needed a trail machine to get me away from the campgrounds and noise. So I picked up this.

This was the first camping trip in it.

It's a 88.5 (I think) tin top. No idea what the gearing is. It did come with a set of diffs set up with 5.38 gears. I plan on installing them. I was told it has a 1.6 EFI conversion. I'm not sure if that's just the head or the complete engine. Other than that I know just enough to get in trouble. I'm sure I'll ask some really stupid questions, so I apologies in advance.

I'll be building a camp trailer to tow and a rack for a couple of canoes on the top. I plan to keep it fairly mild and will be making making some longish trips to the mountains, so I might be going down a tire size. We will see how she drives after catching up on the routine maintenance and swapping the diffs. It will barely pull 5th gear as it sits.

It should be a lot of fun. I've been amazed how capable the little machine is so far. I've already checked out some of the camping spots in the national forest my F350 couldn't reach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm Mike from the Phx Arizona area. Been into into off-road all my life(dirt bikes) at 47 now wanting to slow down a little and see some of the desert. Bought a 86 hard top Sami its already had a cage put in it and spring over. Its a rat now but looking to coil over it. I am about ready to pull it into my shop now that the sand toys are season ready.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After 4,5 years building, I got my first test-drive, here´s my friend driving.
http://youtu.be/W3c0XvBKqIM
Building threat, but unfortunately wroted in finnish. Nikko Suzuki Evo 2 - Offipalsta.COM
Not working very well yet, engine gets too rich so it needs more tuning for air-fuel map.:shaking:
Original tin top, shortened 40 cm (16 inch) from original, air suspension from Land Rover Discovery II, Mercedes G radius arms, Toyota LJ70 (8") axles, 16/35x15 sliced Boggers on beadlock wheels, Opel(GM, Vauxhall) 1.8 turbo engine, ARB lockers rear and front, Davies Graig electric water pump and controlling, at rear is biggest Griffin aluminum radiator what I found, not any heating problems anymore. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
type 2- 3ish rig from Tennessee,.....

88 zuk started from scrap took two too make one ,
newer 1.3 low miles
6.1 tc
ruf
on 33 mtr
yj swap soon . just slowly getting built but want ever be done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Checkin in

Glad to be here....here's my setup

Type 2, nothing too crazy but everything was done in my garage with a grinder and a cheapo harbor freight welder

33 Boggers
Spring over, Hi steer but not tie rod
1.5 inch old man emu springs
6.5 t-case gears w/ cradle
1.3L with weber carb and chevy alternator
Stock axles, open diffs with armor and rear disk brakes

Power steering, rear locker and YJ swap are in the works...

I live in Jacksonville Fl and wheel mostly in South Georgia, hopefully exploring Ocala Fl soon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi name is Chris and this is my latest junkyard rescue. Was driving by my house on a flat bed waved guy down he was headed to the junk yard. I picked her up for 120 bucks and have 400ish total in it so far. Now acting as my daily she has tons of body rust but I have been wanting to learn how to weld and fab stuff. Plans are fix rust find back seat build sliders and cage for back (have a 3 year old that's her seat)diy snorkel, mini spool the back leave ifs open and then throw on some 235's (biggest I can fit on stock rim safely).
Any way my 90 geo tracker as she sits

Flexed out

Testing out the 4wd

·
Registered
7 Posts
checking in

Hi my name is Wayne and I am from the island of Guam, and am new to the 4x4 world. I recently purchased a 97 Geo Tracker (Bone Stock). I purchased it to build up for my son, It'll be a fun little project that we can look back and say WOW!! we did that. He will be getting his license in the next year an a half, so I need to get started soon. My plans are to keep it street legal and not to wild (mall Crawler) give it a little lift 4.5" (2.5" suspension and 2" body) enough to clear 31", Custom bumpers, sliders, Tough Paint, Rebuild (engine, tranny, and T Case), etc. If he starts wheeling it then it'll all change and we will start from the ground up. So any input for a low cost build would be appreciated, trying to avoid spending on costly kits. I have a little handy-man skill. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check in

my name is Dave from Indiana. Just wanted to say hello. 94 samurai 1.6efi 6.5 tcase. Yj's missing links. 35" swampers. 8000lb winch. Exo cage. Actually.......it's sitting on blocks gettn yota axle swap at the moment. Plans are..... Welded rear, Detroit lunchbox front. Fj60 box. TC pump. High steer. Just scored a e locker for free so that may change things a bit? I posted b4 checking in. My apologies....long time forum reader, first time I've ever posted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, guys. My name is Skyler and I live in San Bernardino, CA. Some of you may have met me at the hammers where I lead the night security team every year. I'm currently wheeling a 1993 Suzuki Sidekick with 2.5" of suspension lift (2" on the front, 3" on the rear to support my cooler. I somehow remembered how to average, lol), 2" shock extenders, 2" body lift, 15" Cragar comets with 31x10.5" Treadwright M/T's (yes, I'm cheap), upgraded intake/exhaust, 6 puck ceramic racing clutch, reinforced and lifted front bumper, roof rack, lights, and about 50 horsepower worth of stickers, lol. I also have a spiffy shift knob that must be adding at least 5 HP. I'm sure the dyno will agree. Next up is a front skid that Colton from LowRange is sending out to the hammers for me. Maybe some lockers are in my future as well. If you see me wheeling up around the SBNF or high desert, don't be a stranger. Hope to see you guys on the trail. Here are a few pics. I've lifted it another inch and have installed an air ram and cat-back exhaust since these...

·
Registered
87 Posts
My samurai is a type 1 bundle of fun. I got it for $650 in 2001. I purchased a replacement block for $50. A new tire for $6 and regular gas, oil and wiper blades since then. I get a kick out of this thing.

My name is Shaun and I live in Ephraim, Utah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Adventure Begins....again?

Long time lurker....that has re-inherited? family's '88 (built 11/87) Sammy soft top after son upgraded to newer transportation for work. He and I partially restored this Samurai 6-7 years back. Rebuilt the stock motor and tranny together. Now that he's moved on to freeway commuter transportation I get a new toy to play with. :D

Overall it's pretty much totally stock. Needs some carb and suspension upgrade, besides a thorough going over. You know, all the little things that need to be double checked after 27 years....which pretty much means...EVERYTHING!

Not sure how far I'm going to take this little guy, but I'm getting a lot of ideas from everyone here....THANKS!! A lot will depend on what I can get away with here on the "Left Coast" with all their environmental rules and reg's, which are much different after living in the Rockies for the last ten years where we could do pretty much whatever we wanted. Now I've got to contend with all that smog crap and mod limits.....I just hate rules!

The immediate plans are to work on a mild lift and suspension upgrade, maybe an engine swap...maybe diesel?, complete rollcage, fold down windshield and other fun stuff. Of course, first and foremost is to work on making the little guy as reliable and bulletproof for general transportation....and then work towards reliable moderate offroad rambling. No rock crawling or anything like that, but lots of camping and general running about.

DD

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum but not off roading. Racing is in the family blood (Pabloff Racing). I'm trying something a little different and ummm slower lol. Found an '88 Samurai that was used for hunting. Has a 2" lift and a few minor upgrades as well as a brand new motor that isn't even out of the break in period. PO didn't know why it wasn't running and I picked it up for a few hundred bucks. Got it home and looked under the hood, no battery. Installed some battery clamps and a new battery, fired right up first crank. So, now the money spending begins. Great site and thanks for having a cool Zuk board. I'll start a build thread soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 21, studying mechanical engineering at Northern Arizona University, but originally from Redondo Beach, CA. I bought my Samurai several months ago; it was an 87 JX softop with only a bikini top, a stereo (that I'm locked out of), and two speakers sliding around under the front seats as upgrades. So far all I've done is put a full top on it and start rebuilding the motor. Future plans include:

Hardtop
OME suspension
31" tires
Front and rear bumpers
Cage
16v
Transfer case regearing
Twin sticks (for towing, not so much for performance)
Center console
Radios (CB and/or ham)

I've been wading through Pirate, as well as some other forums, for a while now but am signing up to try to dig up information that I can't find anywhere.

421 - 440 of 527 Posts