Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that online book that shows you how to do it but I don't understand it. I have the neutral safety switch off the auto and im looking for a plug that has big black and red wires but can find it. I cut the wires the lead in to the trans oil pan and that's all that's cut so I could remove the trans.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had that problem on my 95.Follow the wires up to the inner fender where they turn into several plugs. Thats where you will see the 2 large wires compared to the rest. I unpluged the rest of the tranny wires and just spliced the 2 big wires together and put that one plug back in with all the smaller ones cut off so its clean.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had that problem on my 95.Follow the wires up to the inner fender where they turn into several plugs. Thats where you will see the 2 large wires compared to the rest. I unpluged the rest of the tranny wires and just spliced the 2 big wires together and put that one plug back in with all the smaller ones cut off so its clean.
alright and what about reverse lights?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it the manual says i connect the 2 big wires to the neutral switch and 2 other wires go to the reverse switch

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't done the reverse lights yet. That part you see is in the crank.Pull it out and the pilot bushing fits.We had to run a big tap in that thing so bolt and a slide hammer could be used since we didn't have a puller to remove it.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
I haven't done the reverse lights yet. That part you see is in the crank.Pull it out and the pilot bushing fits.We had to run a big tap in that thing so bolt and a slide hammer could be used since we didn't have a puller to remove it.
To clarify, there is a different size pilot bushing for the automatic transmission in there. Need to remove that first.

First time I did it I used a large bolt, wrapped electrical tape tightly until it would barely slide in, then packed the cavity full of grease and pounded it out.

You can use a pilot bearing puller, bet you can rent or borrow from the auto parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts