Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for ideas to move my rear axle back a few inches- My EB runs 35" tires, 3.5" suspension and 2 inch body lift. I always seem to get hung up on the rear corners when crawling. I thought about cutting some more ,but I'm already up to the seams where it is all welded together. It looks like moving the rear axle back would be the ticket. Just wondering if anybody here has done this and what springs they've used.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've moved my rear leafs back 2", that’s about all you can go before you get into you cross member and gas tank if you run a 23 gal.
I know of somebody now who is moving his rear springs as far back as he can approx 6", his rear mount is at the end of the frame rails, and when he gets done and cycles the suspension if the rear cross member is in the way he'll move it forward probably minimally to clear the diff., I didn't get into discussing gas tank plans I just assumed the obvious idea is a fuel cell or bringing a 23 gal tank threw the bed to clear axle movement.
Later, Francois.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I moved my 14 bolt in my EB back about 4" using the F150 leafs. I had to cut out and weld in a new crossmember. Then I moved the gas tank back a few inches and reworked my rear bumper to make up the diffrence.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Just finished up a 3-link. We moved the axle back 6" probably need to notch the cross member but it works so far. They are old 2.5" front coils back there now. As soon as I finish my front suspension I will be doing the same on mine. Except I hope to squeeze 3" out of the back with some gas tank reworking. Good Luck, Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts