Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a post on here a long time ago about bleeding the LSPV we repaired the brake lines from under the cab back to the LSPV and I am pretty sure we bled it right, but I am having a serious problem with the rear brakes locking up. We replaced both rear brake cylinders.... basically rebuilt the whole truck, got it for $100, had a blown engine and a disgusting botched bodylift, some seriously rusted fuel lines, a rusted out gas tank, rusted out bed and all four wheels were locked up.... So it has new calipers in the front, new cylinders in the rear, new brake lines running from under the cab back (well used, got a whole pile of toys to take parts from), and a new bed (for purpose of passing state inspection only).... not sure where to go from here... it is not horrible when it is dry, just gotta give myself a little extra stopping distance, but in the rain it is down right scary... any ideas/guidance is apreciated greatly....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the drums were not rusty, and the shoes looked alright.... there wasn't really any way to get brake fluid onto the brake shoes after we had them together so that shouldn't be it.... that and i have driven it about 2000 miles since we put it all back together and it still has the same problem....

·
Registered
609 Posts
adjust the proportioning valve linkage on the axle housing so the rod has a teeper angle. In other words lower the rod and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts