Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago there was a big push for rear coil kits for the yotas. I remeber two kits being offered or in the process of being developed.

Did these kits ever get produced?

I believe they were offered by C&R Motorsports and Shaffer Offroad.

If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i think a bunch of people talked about buying a kit, but when the time came to pony up the $$ i dont think enough 'kits' were sold to make it worth the efforts of the vendors. there should be enough info available here to make it yourself. a tape measure and the 4link calculator can make it almost easy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only problem is I don't have the equipment to make the parts. I have no problem cutting and welding on the truck, just don't have the stuff to make all the brakets.
Besides, if I can get a kit that has been tested and proven to work, I am all for making life easier on myself.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
B4Wheeler said:
My only problem is I don't have the equipment to make the parts. I have no problem cutting and welding on the truck, just don't have the stuff to make all the brakets.
All you need is a angle grinder and a drill to make the needed brackets, granted it won't be as nice as with a toruch but it can be made to work just fine. Plus Bluetourch fab sells all sorts of pre made brackets to make life easier if you don't wanna make all that stuff. :cool2:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
you just need some sort of truss for the top of the axle(uppers), the rest can easily be square tube crossmembers/mounts and store bought tabs. i have a bare ifs rear housing i could put somehting on and ups ground it to you (depending on shipping costs?). what kind of link system are you gonna build? a 4link like amj/dsi, the dual triangulated or the shaffer(tinbender)/welderboy style where you retain the factory gas tank in position?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at the shaffer kit because it left the gas tank alone, but I would do the kit that UGET IT runs and just install a fuel cell. Either way I am happy. I just need these venders to step up and let me know if they have any of these parts laying around the shop that they want to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
I heard Rob (bender) is going to start selling the kit again...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Have you tried calling shaffers??? Mike could tell you if he is going to produce this or you could PM bender he is the one that made the coil kit for the rear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts