Votes: 4 66.7%
  • flipped springs with torq bar

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you were goind to flat tow a 40 would you coil the rear or just flip the springs and torq bar it ???

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
What does flat towing have to do with it? If done right they will both tow fine. I would be more concerned about what you are towing it with.

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
I've flat towed before and would'nt ever again....As for Coils vs springs, I dont know. What do you wanna do?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROCK HUGGER said:
What does flat towing have to do with it? If done right they will both tow fine. I would be more concerned about what you are towing it with.
my folks let me use their Rv and it tows only 5500lb so a trailer and 40 would be hard to do unless I build a custom trailer ... and I'll get there. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done it and if there were any problems I didnt think of ... I.ve done 3 3 link rears set ups for past customers with great turn outs off road and even as drivers on the hwy ... but I had a REAL bad flat tow expireance that jack knifed my truck and caved in the rear quarter cause the front end was loose on the 40.... and wondered if the longer wheel base and softer coils would tow ok ..... I guess I'll be the ginny pig cause the more I think about it the more I want to do it :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The main thing you have to worry about when towing a vehicle is being sure it has enough frontend caster. I think this is the most common problem when towing your 4x4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts