Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions and opinions on what ya'll did when you comp'd cut your rear fenders. I would like the keep the fcatory rear hatch of my TJ funtioning and was wondering what ya'll did for the lower hinge assembly. ALL the pics I see have not incorporated the factory hinge assembly. All suggestions and pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
318 Posts
true98jeep said:
I am looking for suggestions and opinions on what ya'll did when you comp'd cut your rear fenders. I would like the keep the fcatory rear hatch of my TJ funtioning and was wondering what ya'll did for the lower hinge assembly. ALL the pics I see have not incorporated the factory hinge assembly. All suggestions and pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Check here:
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/projectdd/projectddmain.htm

You can use the lower door hinge from a TJ like they did on the DPG rig.

Barry

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm just using the top hinge. Seems to be fine as long as you don't lean on or put to much weight on the gate itself. When you lean on it hard you can see some deflextion in the quarter panel. Just don't lean on it and seems to be fine.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mines going drop down with chevy strikers, hardware, and probably TJ door hinges on the bottom.

Personally I like the idea of a drop gate better for having a usuable surface when out on the trail.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used a CJ tailgate. Weld in the little corner pieces off an old tub or buy them from I think 4wd for a fiberglass tub. I threaded in the bar stock backing plates through the rear cuts in the crossmember, drilled front holes, done.
Wish I could find some cheaper gaskets for the tailgate though, I think JC Whitney wants like 40 bucks for them. I'll try for a picture at some point.
Chad

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent thanks for all the pics and input it's looking like the tj door hinges are how I am going to go. They look real clean and a fairly simple set-up to throw together. I appreciate the input and pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts