Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in 56"allpro rears with longer shackles..(4runner with dual cases)now I have a really bad vibration that gets worse during deceleration..will a stock toy CV fix this problem?or do I have to get a custom unit??...any help or experience would be cool..thanks

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
61,972 Posts
Before you buy anything - have you tried changing your pinion angle?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong but for cv drivelines dont you aim the pinion directly at the rear output yoke. And on u joint ones you match the degrees of the output yoke and the diff yoke within 4 degrees of each other?

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: wheelinjp ]

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Geiger:
<STRONG>...AND rotate the pinion up so it points directly at the tcase. Here is a pick of what the pinion should look like....</STRONG>
Be careful doing this - I have mine rotated like this (6 deg) and the diff fill hole will overflow with almost a quart less oil than it should. I have a very steep driveway, and I park it pointed downhill to fill the remaining quart.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Originally posted by Oso:
<STRONG>so I have a stock toy CV out of an 89 that I'm going to get made to fit ...is that particular CV good enough to work ? ...thanks for all the help...</STRONG>
Yes that CV will work and as said above you will need a little extra oil in the diff. I find adding an extra quart through the vent on top of the diff is easy to do.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check the maximim angle on that CV also. I believe the 86 and up CV's don't flex as well. I have a Tacoma front CV in the rear of my Landcruiser and it flexes like the pre-86 ones.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You can make the CV flex better by taking it apart and clearancing the cone/center. Look at it before you take it apart and you'll see where they interfere.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Originally posted by Oso:
<STRONG>yes ,I used 2.5 degree shims</STRONG>
How did you determine 2.5 degrees was the correct angle to use? If you are getting vibes on deceleration, you probably have the pinion too low and need to raise it up a bit more: Driveline measurements

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.