Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone jimmy rig a setup that uses the stock ebrake system on a Ford D60?
I need to go for a vehicle inspection to get my truck street legal again (salvaged).

having a point of referenece of knowing what to make the connections look like would be a lot easier than trying a few things to see if they work/ dont work.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I have a Dodge HD 60 in my Runner,, I was going to try and make the stock e-brake cables work,, but gave up,, I couldnt get enough travel out of the cables and the Dodge has 2 cables that need to go up to the frame,(not sure what a ford would have),I think you could use a YJ e-brake bracket.(which has 2 eyes,for the cables and a center stud which could be fabed to the stock Toy single cable in front of the gas tank), I bought a manual disc caliper and will go for the t-case parking brake soon,

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem w/ inspections is that i need a real cable e-brake to pass. No diff mounted brakes or line locks.
I may just swap in my taco rear temporarily to get it signed off then switch to the all-pro setup.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a ford D60, but have not yet tried to get the e-brake to work. Here is what I plan to do.

Get some cable and cable clamps, make hoops in the ends, and find or make a bracket to link the cable to the ford cables. Find or make a bracket with a pully on it on the cable that connects to the handle. Now, if the Toyota handle does not have enough travel, I will build a lever system that when you pull the handle, and of course I I pretty sure you know how that would work.

I have to work on it this week because I need an inspection too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Take pictures when you get done please.

Have not had a e brake for years, would be nice to get one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.