Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Diff Shaved Probelms??

has anyone shaved their rear diff in a yota and drives long trips on the road? i have shaved my front, cause it does not turn on the hwy.
reason i ask, i havent shaved the rear yet, not sure how 24 hours of driving will effect the heat with the gears,detroit.
i know it will be ok for off road only. so keep your dunbass remarks to yourself.:flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
SHAVE IT! we got sick of doing fronts and just cut out the drain plug sunk it down flush and burnt it all in, in the rear...if your rear sits pointed up at the pinion its already kinda smooth on the bottom anyhow...

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
BIGBIRD said:

hey WHIZZY i have 1 word for you!!!! HAMMERS!!!!!:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I got 2 for you. No! not those 2 this time.

"Programming Degree"
:D

Call me tonight. Matt called and said that travis might want a front fender.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
the ammount of fluid you lose is so minimal that it wouldn't affect anything, if your worried put an extra small ammount of fluid in through the breather ;)

or if you're real worried, cut teh back of the diff off too, and get an 8in pipe cap and use it for the back of the diff, then you will hold way more fluid and have a stronger cover too..

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Gotta be careful if you are pointed at the outputshaft because you would already have lost some filling abilities. If this is the case it could be alleviated by simply putting in a fill hole higher up on the cover, or just try filling it through the breather like someone mentioned earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts