Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this kit from www.tsmmfg.com, looks pretty basic and straightfoward. Supposed to be complete down to all the nuts and bolts.

desertoy and I will be installing it this weekend along with the cro-mo Longfields that arrived last week :smokin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Is their caliper bracket flat with sleeved mounts to the axle? That is what it looks like, but hard to tell in your pic(or the TSM site). I have used their stuff before, nice quality parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wowzers, they look so nice and shiny! Bet the cost of the kit reflects the bling-bling....If I recall, a guy could round up all the parts himself and do it for about half the kit cost?? Is that just a dream...??

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I think they shipped you the caliper brackets for the Early Full floating rear axle...which are different than the Semi-float rear axle brackets.

EDIT-I think I am wrong...

·
Registered
153 Posts
i just did my rear disc brake conversion on my fj62. I love it. my kit was also from tsmmfg. good luck man. its really pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
cruiserbrett said:
I think they shipped you the caliper brackets for the Early Full floating rear axle...which are different than the Semi-float rear axle brackets.

EDIT-I think I am wrong...
It looks like the FF bolt pattern to me too. That is why I asked about the way they were made, my 40 FF rear is getting brackets made this week, and I would like to make bolt on, even though I have AA mfg weld on brackets on everything else.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Partial HiJack

Who makes the brackets for the rear disc conversion using the GM calipers. Bolt-on's that is?
Thanks,
Ed
Oh, yeah, I want quality, cheep, right now and great customer support.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can you take a down shot of that mount? That's not an FJ60 mount or an FJ40 mount that I can tell.. The Fj60 has 3 holes with about a 3/4" spacer welded on, the FJ40 has 4 holes and use washers only as the spacer. Those are different yet!
Hope I'm wrong tho! cause it's gonna be a long weekend for ya if I'm not wrong!
Unless it's not a cruiser axle they're going on!

Ed.. Swing by and I can explain rear disks, I've got em on all 3 trucks.. But not till next week, I'm gone till Monday wheeling..

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are scaring me :eek:

They're going on rear '68 c-clip axle. I have no way of checking the bolt pattern cause the rig is 103 miles from me right now.

Here's a pic of the bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
here's what your mounting to..
The measurements hole to hole on top are 2 3/16" without my calipers
and the long side are 3 7/8" again without my calipers..
Yeah I happened to have a stripped rear axle sitting there!
Hope that helps answer the question. I think they revised the mounts. Most of us run the homemade adapters. only mount with 4 bolts..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The rotor center hole needs to be 4.2" as well. Might wanna check that out as well before going to mount your junk!.. THe schematic for the brackets with proper measurements not my guess work is on woody's site somewhere in a pDF file.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mustard Dog.. I don't see that bracket fitting on what you've got.. might give TSM a call. I think Brett's right.. You might have gotten the wrong thing.. Nice bracket tho! Don't think it'll work for your application tho! sorry!

Brett.. your junk's on it's way..

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
tornadoalleycruiser said:
Brett.. your junk's on it's way..
Cool. Thanks a ton.

After looking at it again, the SF ones are 6 bolt right? that looks like a pattern for 8 bolts to me...And slightly to big in Diameter.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mustard Dog I think they might be correct that looks nothing like the brackets I used. I know our axles are a little different but I dont think that much.

Call TSM and double check what was shipped verses what was supposed to be shipped I am sure if they made a mistake they will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
I belive that is the early FF bracket, if so I would hate to see TSM take it back. It is just what I am going to be making for the 45. Sorry if that is bad news. Hope I am wrong, but I don't think so. :(

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
BEFORE YOU CALL, check the measurements that Torandoalley posted against your bracket. That extra hole might just be for SPEED!!!!!!!

It is a real easy install though. I put one on a 4Runner Rear in 1.5 hrs. Simple.

Anybody want to come to Cincy and work on my Cruiser?
We can call it the "Cruiser for a Cause" build?!?!?

Keith

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, well I have approx 2 1/16 between the 6 holes, we'll see if this works.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts