Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anybody else make a rear disc conversion besisides all pro, i know front range dose, but its the whole full floater kit, i dont want that. jus rear discs.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The nice thing about the All Pro setup is that it's complete, everything is there in the box. But if you don't mind doing some homework and scrounging some of the parts on your own (usually one stop at NAPA with all the part numbers and you're done), then I highly recommend the Sky setup, read about it on his website.

Getting the rotors machined is a gamble unless you know somebody that can do it for cheap. I just bought them from Sky (and the brackets).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sky's kit is great. Just remember that if you use the Monte Carlo calipers that you may need to grind a small nub off of the back of the caliper for clearance with the bracket. This only takes a minute and wont affect anything. Also, the Monte calipers wont have an E-brake. Sky now has a T-case disk setup that looks very nice.
His parts lined up great and have worked much better than I expected. I would just buy the rotors from him so you don't have to either grind the centers out or get them machined out by someone. If you want to do it though, Just make the hole big enough to slip over the end of your axle shaft.
The other things that will need addressed is your current proportioning valve and master cylinder. I got rid of the load sensing proportioning valve completely and put in a simple adjustable valve right next to the M/C on the rear line. Ordered it from Summit. Your stock M/C probably won't move enough fluid to work the rears unless you like to pump your peddle a couple of times each time you want to use them. Some folks are using a M/C from a V6 rig that has a 1" bore instead of the stocker 13/16" POS. I ordered an FJ-80 M/C from All Pro that has a residual valve in it for the rear disks. A little more pricey, but my peddle is always firm and the thing stops like a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts