Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Use Late CJ disks (82-86) 7/8" thick, not the 1 1/8" ones. 82 Rear Eldorado calipers and get the weld on brackets from aa-mfg.com for $7.95 each. and a set of rubber hoses from NAPA. You will be out the door for about $285 with the brake caliper cores added in.
And if any of the "Old Timers" chime in with the "Use the Search Newbie". Tell em :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Not everyone who surfs this board has their head up their arse. Some people will still talk to you.

·
Registered
313 Posts
SS406CJ said:

Not everyone who surfs this board will let me stick my tongue up their arse. Some people will still talk sweet to you like me.
I'd look out if I was you thequailman, don't drop the soap!! Focking :rainbow: SS406CJ, he hits on all the newbies that way. SS406CJ ya fawking :rainbow: warrior newbie :barf: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
444 Posts
TSM makes a kit, look in the back of your 4wd magazines and you will see their add. I would get the brackets and hardware from them and get the calipers and rotors from the PNP to save some $$$ :beer:

·
Registered
576 Posts
SS406CJ said:
Use Late CJ disks (82-86) 7/8" thick, not the 1 1/8" ones. 82 Rear Eldorado calipers and get the weld on brackets from aa-mfg.com for $7.95 each. and a set of rubber hoses from NAPA. You will be out the door for about $285 with the brake caliper cores added in.
And if any of the "Old Timers" chime in with the "Use the Search Newbie". Tell em :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Not everyone who surfs this board has their head up their arse. Some people will still talk to you.
fawking newbe :mad3: hope you got your flame suit on :flipoff: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

but that is exactly what I run on my scout 44 :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I run the same setup as SS406CJ, except on a 9 Inch. The only problem I am having is adjusting the fawkin calipers, but hopefully today I will get the bugs worked out. The calipers cost me $39.99 at Auto Zone with a $80.00 core charge...EACH. I thought the problem might of been because my old calipers were leaking in air or something so I dished out the dough for rebuilds.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
brakes

:flipoff2: SEARCH:flipoff2: I am getting the TSMs for my scout rear to.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Anyone know which part number is the correct one for the weld on brackets from aa-mfg.com? Would this same conversion work on a waggie 44 using 6 lug rotors?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Weld on brackets:
AA-113-A for one that is already rounded to conform to the axle tubes
AA-113-B for flat surface
$7.77 each
It should work. You may have to grind the brackets to fit the caliper on the rotor correctly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used 79 chevy truck front brakets cut the bottom of etented one of the holes and the bolted right to the end of the tube, then i welded them. 79 chev truck calipers and 86 ford rotors.

i think brackets-20
rotors- 38 each
calipers- 50?

196.00 CAN cheaper than replacing stock drums!!

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
That pic is / was of the rear 44 on my CJ!

The caliper bracket it GM / FSJ fly cut to the thickness of the old brake backing plate.

The rotor ID needs to be opened up to center on the small step of the back of the axle flange.

The biggest problem here is stud selection. It is hard -to- impossible to get the right knurl diameter to press fit in the axle flange. Mine were loose so I tacked them to the rotor with nickel rod. Worked great for 4-5 years before I went dana 60 and had the flanges drilled for CJ front studs.

Repeated this same setup on my 2A. Was redrilling the axle flange from 6 lug anyway, so got the right pressfit. Used $10 weld on caliper brackets from AFCO racing this time around. Less machine work.

Rick

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Different width, bolt pattern and axle end pattern.

GC stuff won't help much.

Also, on my original comments, the FSJ Caliper bracket only need 2 holes drilled, 4 others lined up since it was a 72-75 CJ5 rear 44.

Scout I suspect you'd be redrilling all 4 holes.

Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts