Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anny one know where to put the prop valve in the braking system should i put it in the rear system or the front i just finished building a fullfloater rear at work and used the front spindles and brakes ect. on the rear and im just not sure if i need the prop valve in the font or rear im using the stock master and all of the stock distribution valves the zuki is an 88 with the single rear brake line from the rear valve to the axle

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
88zuki said:
i just finished building a fullfloater rear at work and used the front spindles and brakes ect. on the rear
What are you using for shafts?

The amount of pressure to the rear brakes is what you vary, plumb it in where that is possible. You want max pressure to the front brakes as they typically do ~75% of you braking in a good/balanced setup.

HTH

[email protected]

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I like rigs with their brakes biased to the rear... as long as it's not a DD.

Simply because you get to watch buddies lock the rear tires in a turn @ 30 MPH, slide completely sideways, catch a tire in a rut, and tip over. That's always entertaining. :flipoff2:

Actually, I'd like to have a manually adjustable prop valve in the dash someday. Just in case I ever feel the sudden urge to powerslide-to-a-stop. :)

In every install I've ever seen, it was in the rear brake line. ;)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
put it in the rear line

·
Registered
343 Posts
88zuki said:
does anny one know where to put the prop valve in the braking system should i put it in the rear system or the front i just finished building a fullfloater rear at work and used the front spindles and brakes ect. on the rear and im just not sure if i need the prop valve in the font or rear im using the stock master and all of the stock distribution valves the zuki is an 88 with the single rear brake line from the rear valve to the axle
The Spidertrax rear disc brake kit,which uses Samurai calipers,
instructs you to plumb the proportioning valve in the rear brake
line.I used this setup on my Subaru calipers but never could
get them adjusted so the rear tires wouldn't lock up bfore the
front.
And ditto what Root Moose asked,what shafts are you using?

·
Registered
94 Posts
all the prop valve installs I've seen have been right at the master cylinder for easy adjustment. I've got the spidertrax kit with no valve and the rears dont' lock up to early
Skip

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
88zuki said:
i just finished building a fullfloater rear at work and used the front spindles and brakes ect. on the rear
Like Root said: PIX!!!

Yea, like they all said, bias the front brakes (put the valve on the rear line).

OH....WELCOME NEWBIE!!! :flipoff2:

Stick around, search hard, read alot, ask questions, and LEARN!
but most importantly HAVE FUN!!

put the pix up on a website and link on here so we can see that axle of Yours!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts