Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone is using j**p rotors on their rear disk conversions ie: cj7 or is there some others that work well? :confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
versailles disk set-up basicly bolts right on. Just change the rotor to a F-150/Bronco front rotor. E-brake & all. :D
I have that set-up, just changed my plans before I got to put it on. :(
Some people like this set-up / some people dont.

I believe the Jeep rotors work best fot the Caddy calipers.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
CJ7 rotors and late 70 early 80 big GM car rear e-brake caliper with a home made bracket. If you don't care about e-brake you can use a front caliper from a late 70's GM truck.
This is about the quickest way to just go to the local parts house and get stuff. There are lots of other things you can scrounge in the yards also, but, this is the easiest and most popular. I just installed rear disc's on a 9" with the kit from BC Broncos. It was a snap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in the process of doing this and you can check out all the info on my site www.kramerproducts.net

A few things I do know is that you have to modify the rotor or axles to get it to fit right.

One thing about the caddy calipers is they are very expensive and if you pull some from a junk yard the general opinion is that you still need to get new ones to get them to work. You can use them as cores only.

The GM front calipers is new to me but I have heard mid 80's camero front calipers work and you can use the rear camero calipers if you want to have the caliper on the front side of the axle. The benfits of the caddy is the e-brake is built in but this is also it's down fall as far as reliability. If you use the caddys and you don't set the e-brake religously then the ebrake will end up not working anyways and will seize up.

Galen

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts