Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a housing from an 87 runner without the drums. im planning on doing a disk conversion but need that outer flange thats on the drum backing plate. i know the 85 drums are smaller but that doesnt matter if all i need is the cast flange cut from the backing plate. will the 85 rear backing plate bolt up to the 87 housing and work correctly for this application?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
For one thing the axle shafts don't have the same lengths....

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i realize that. im not using the axle shafts from the 85. i just want to use outer flange off the backing plate.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks oops, thats what i was asking about. i had taken a quick measurement last night in the dark on the 4 hole pattern off of the 85 which is still all together and it looked close to the 87 housing holes. i dont know what the inside is like as far as the bearing enclosure goes. not yet atleast. ill find out soon enough. thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that, the bone yard wanted 50.00. dont just hate spending money on something twice. seeya! :smokin:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just to cap this thread off for anyone who searches this, those flanges do work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts