Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a housing from an 87 runner without the drums. im planning on doing a disk conversion but need that outer flange thats on the drum backing plate. i know the 85 drums are smaller but that doesnt matter if all i need is the cast flange cut from the backing plate. will the 85 rear backing plate bolt up to the 87 housing and work correctly for this application?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
For one thing the axle shafts don't have the same lengths....

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
I think they are the same, you are talking about the piece the bearing goed into right? You do not have to cut them out, just knock out the four studs the hold the axle to the housing and it will fall off!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks oops, thats what i was asking about. i had taken a quick measurement last night in the dark on the 4 hole pattern off of the 85 which is still all together and it looked close to the 87 housing holes. i dont know what the inside is like as far as the bearing enclosure goes. not yet atleast. ill find out soon enough. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.