Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok-
I picked up a complete matching red Rear heat console and the plumbing for my non-rear heated 4Runner. Has anyone ever done this conversion? I dont have the holes in the floor for the tubes or the correct mounting for the console itself since my vehicle was not so equipped from the factory. I cant seem to find anyone who has done this. If anyone has can you give me some tips on the wiring and how to mount the console the best?

Also-

I have a complete Red tilt meter gauge set that ill trade for a set of rust free rear heat coolant tubes.

·
Registered
711 Posts
all you really need to do is "T" your heater hose and run it into the heater, put a switch on the fan, that is all you need for wireing..

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Or run the exhaust under the back seats :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4running said:
Ok-
I picked up a complete matching red Rear heat console and the plumbing for my non-rear heated 4Runner. Has anyone ever done this conversion? I dont have the holes in the floor for the tubes or the correct mounting for the console itself since my vehicle was not so equipped from the factory. I cant seem to find anyone who has done this. If anyone has can you give me some tips on the wiring and how to mount the console the best?

Also-

I have a complete Red tilt meter gauge set that ill trade for a set of rust free rear heat coolant tubes.

well..............theres more to it than that. How do I mount this console? how do I attach the lines underneath? I want to talk to someone who done this so I can learn from their mistakes not my own!
:flipoff2: thanks for the reply though!

Kyle:p

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I built(or was largly involved in the buildup) a massive runner, and the guy wanted a rear heater, so I too got just the rear heater box. Now the floor was cut out and we used flat plate for the floor, so mounting it was easy, took some 1x1" square tube, welded it to the floor were the mounting tabs are on the box, and the inlet/outlets on the heater box shoot donward(angled slightly forward), so just buzzed a couple holes in the floor and ran heater hose to a tee at the motor(vortec 350). Now I can't really recall if there is much of a tunnel on the floor on an uncut runner, but the hard part will be mounting it to the floor, should be straight forward.. Round peg goes into the round hole :flipoff2:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I agree-

Maybe the way I do it is the best way! I think I should just do it, and the way I do it is the way it will be done! I guess I was hoping for a really slick easy way to do it that had already been done. like I said above let other people do the trial and error!

thanks guys im still open to any other ideas!

Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts