Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched a little bit, found the answers to a few questions I was looking for, so anyway, 63 inch rear leafs off of the 1988-98 GM 1/2 ton trucks are the coveted springs for flex and ride correct?
I found two trucks in the boneyard that should fall into those year ranges, and I am interested in grabbing the springs if I can talk the douchebags that run the joint out of em for not a whole hell of a lot.
My question is, will these springs work with the stock shackle setup, or will the only work with a shackle flip? A flip is definitely in the near future for the truck, probably around the time I regear and Detroit the 14 bolt.:D
I have also tossed around the idea of an 8 inch Skyjacker Softride set up, I got to ditch the blocks and the body lift.
Approximately what amount of lift would I net from a 63 inch spring swap plus the 4 inch shackle flip?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
376 Posts
first off, they aint douchebags... they're trying to make a living, just like you. :p If they're too expensive, go someplace else. Expect to pay 50-100 bucks.

You will have to relocate either the front or rear hanger to make them work on a 73-87 rig. Or use a shackle flip kit, fab your own, whichever.

The 8" SkyJacker lift won't flex as much, and probably a whole lot stiffer ride.

I personally haven't used the 63's on the rear, but with the 56 or 52's with a shackle flip gets around 4-4.5" of lift.

·
Vendor
1,408 Posts
The 63's by themselves won't really net you any lift, so you'll just get the 4" from the shackle flip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts