Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
usually 13-17 psi
I thought it was more like 5-10 psi, the cooling system tester from shcucks has you pressurize the system to 15 psi, IIRC...

Does anyone have a price on the all hose route, copper tubing here is $3.80 a foot for 1.25".

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
thanks for dragging this out

seems

i have not logged in for ahwhile:D

i cant belive that copper holds up. definatly kudos to careful planning and construction/mainainence. conduit is alot easier to deal with, but will vibrate holes in itself in short order. i would probably go flat on the deck like the chevy though, thats what the bb rangers and other small rigs do in detroit area in general.

but after seeing this i think i will give copper a shot.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
i cant belive that copper holds up.
Probably because you are thinking of your standard, thin wall copper pipe used in home plumbing, I believe thats M grade.

I'll just add (since I don't recall if I mentioned it before) that you want to use the heavier grade copper (which is what I used)....its much thicker wall than the standard. Look for either grade L or K.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
And, shop at your local construction site like all the other scavangers... :grinpimp:
Well, what you have to watch out for is that most of the shit laying around will be the thin wall grade M shit that they use for indoor plumbing. What you want is the grade L or even better K stuff....I think those grades are used for the underground lines running from the water main/meter to the house.

Oh yea, and cuz its illegal :flipoff2:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I looked up the TSC spray transfer hose and the only stuff I could find was only rated for 160F continuous use (which doesn't necessarily mean it isn’t suitable), but here are some other options for running the coolant lines and the local (Canadian) prices I found for them for the 1.5” and 1.75” I.D.

http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=5071&location_id=5216
1.5” @ $5.60/ft and 1.75” @ $6.05/ft
http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=5072&location_id=5217
1.5” @ $6.80/ft and 1.75” @ $7.75/ft

And these but they only come in 5ft lengths and are crazy expensive
http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=5078&location_id=5241 1.5” x 5ft @ $120ea and 1.75” x 5ft @ $140ea

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to all of this. How did you secure ur copper pipe to the frame ? did you use all one piece or did u put elbows and and corners in to feed it up to the engine and to the radiator ? Please get back to me I am trying to go about doing this the right way the first time.

Thanks,
Dillon

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about if I have an 01 blazer and I wanna relocate the rad? Any ideas? It's not street driven or anything. And I plan on choppin it and adding a roll cage in the back. Was thinking of mounting it on the roll cage and what not. My main concern is plumbing. Any tips or ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
What about if I have an 01 blazer and I wanna relocate the rad? Any ideas? It's not street driven or anything. And I plan on choppin it and adding a roll cage in the back. Was thinking of mounting it on the roll cage and what not. My main concern is plumbing. Any tips or ideas?
You have to ask in general chit chat.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I've heard rumors that some use hose clamps. Not sure where you find such a thing or how much that might cost though. I looked at the local burger King and asked at McDonald's and they both looked at me like I was crazy. Probably will have to special order some from some custom place. Maybe machine some.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've heard rumors that some use hose clamps. Not sure where you find such a thing or how much that might cost though. I looked at the local burger King and asked at McDonald's and they both looked at me like I was crazy. Probably will have to special order some from some custom place. Maybe machine some.
Guy probably went to school with obamma

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
no, you gotta buy your radiator cap at mc donalds

then you don't blow copper pipe hoes any more

·
Change is good.
35,186 Posts
Fuckall, I shoulda' stuck with Fords. The broke-dick Toyota guys were never this much fun.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Fuckall, I shoulda' stuck with Fords. The broke-dick Toyota guys were never this much fun.
Yea, we're pretty rad. Old timer :flipoff2:

·
Pavement Challenged
1,699 Posts
Holy fuck... you are still alive!

61 - 80 of 83 Posts