Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 Toy' 4x4, I am thinking of installing the stock radiator in my bed. Because I have a body lift and the fan is much lower than the radiator and also because of the bumper that is blocking lots of air. How I I go about installing one? Thanks in advance for the help.:confused:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Move it to where you want it and then plumb it, with either custom bent galv. tube, copper tube (from Home depot or something) or piece it together with pipe and fittings. All have been done.

or............ Get brackets to move your radiator up, my body lift came with them. Really easy to make though.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Its real easy to do..I used the stock rad and mounted on the pass side of the ded aginst the front.I cut a hole in the bed wall to allow more air flow but yet keep crap out..I got alumnized tubing from a muffler shop and ran all the lines on the pass side.(I had a 3in body lift).I used flex hose from the engine and connected everthing with rubber hose bends,(45,90 degree).I don't have the hose #'s anymore but just go to nape and have a look.I could have bent 1 peice tubing but did not have a bender at the time and I ran this for years with no problems..After you run it a while you will need to tighten all the hose clamps.I also used double clamps in some spots..works great..I raised mine in front one time but would still plug with mud..

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
roger brown has the radiator drop down brackets for sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be my next question, will the water pump be able to make it that far? Or am I better off just getting a radiator drop mount? (Does anyone have pics of a radiator mounted in their bed?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts