Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the rear mounts, uppers and lowers are done. Yeah, I know there is no bump stop... that'll come soon. Bolts through the frame are sleeved. Upper and lower mounts are completely removeable.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Shaker said:
Do you know if the tire "lugs" wont tear into the shock while the axle is articulating. It's hard to tell from the pic. angle....looks sweet though.......good job
I don't know for sure. That is why the RS9000s are on there right now, as they are already beat up some. Also, I am going to a 15x10 wheel which *should* provide some more tire to shock tube clearance. As soon as I can get the axle crossed up, I'll know more :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks good and really similar to mine. I added a tab and bolt through the tub at the top end and have the shock mounted at ~ 15 degree angle toward the front which really makes a big difference with clearance when crossed up.
Aren't the 9000s supposed to be mounted with the other end up?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks good....since we are on the topic, what do you think about mounting shocks like this.... / \ ??

I have been pondering it on my ranger, its not a DD, but I still like to drive it once in awhile to show it off.....:flipoff2:

But seriously, thats a great design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.