Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to replace the rear shoes and the set I got did not have the half circled cable guide that the self adjusting cable goes around. I was able to punch the old ones out but they were too screwed up to reuse. Any ideas where to find these?

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
buy a spring kit for the brakes. It will come with that part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question. Does the spring kit come with the cabel. The guy I got the rig from must have never taken the drums off, the entire thing is packed full of dried mud and everything is pretty ugly looking in there. Hopefully will be able to clean most of it and won't need to replace too many items!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Id just replace it all anyway. Your parts guy should(hopefully) be able to tell you if it comes with the spring kit. I got my kit from a local carquest and it had one in it. Kit for both sides was around 30 dollars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I heard that, been reading up on that too...winter renovations!! The sagga continues, took off the short side spindle and the outer bearing fell apart in my hand. Pulled the birf. and it is full of contaminated greese, is there a simple and efficint way of cleaning it out without taking it apart? I'll call around but I figure I'll ask while here, can I get bearings and seals at parts stores or do I have to pay three prices at the dealer...tell me what I want to hear. Detecting neglect by previous owner much!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts