Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone do this? I've actually searched quite a bit and can't find anything. There must be a reason. Seems to be tons of stuff on the earlier Fords and Chevy's.

Eric

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Theres no company that makes a bracket...you can flip the stock bracket for maybe 3", or buy one for a 95 F150 and make it work.

Fabtech makes 3" drop hangers....but they are a pain in the ass to install.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 inches is what I'm looking for. I need to go up 1", but I'd like to also take some of this 5" block out, or maybe leave that and get rid of the 2" add a leaf.

I've seen the pictures of the fabtech hangers, but they're like 4-500 bucks.

seems like flipping the stock hangers wouldn't be that hard. I have some stock rear 2wd F350 hangers that I could probably modify to work.

something to look into. I'm not sure if the added pinion angle up would help or hurt with the 2 piece drive shaft, but I guess a shim could always be put into angle it back down.

Eric

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was actually thinking of getting rid of the add-a-leaf to soften the ride up a little. I really don't like the block, though. I actually made a typo, as it's a 6" block, not 5". Flipping the shackles and the factory block is probably the right thing to do.

·
Banned
3,313 Posts
You remove that add-a-leaf and keep that 6" block your get axle wrap bad. Just flip the shackle, leave the aal and get rid of the block.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
You remove that add-a-leaf and keep that 6" block your get axle wrap bad. Just flip the shackle, leave the aal and get rid of the block.
Like a shackle flip will help wheelhop right? :flipoff2:

Seriously though. Do whatever you have to to ditch the block. Leave the aal.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw the sky stuff before. Looks pretty nice. I was hoping somebody else would of already had installed their shackles on an SD. I'd just assume hack up the stock shackles than their 150 dollar shackles, but if they bolted right in it'd be worth it.

I hear you on the axle wrap. I had the 6" block with no aal before, and it never really wheel hopped. Didnt have 37's back then, though.

will a shackle flip promote wheel hop? I probably need traction bars, anyways.

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts