Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here that needs a little help. I recently swapped my Scout II body onto a J20 frame because my Scout frame was bad and my J-truck body was junk. I just got done doing a spring over on the front and it looks like I am going to have to move my rear spring mounts under the frame, I was wondering what rear springs you guys are running that have inboarded that netted roughly six inches of lift. I know it will be a little different because I am using a different frame but I am hoping this will get me somewhere in the ballpark and then I can add or remove leafs or french my hangers into the frame if I have to. Thanks for any input and feel free to flame me I know I have to get some of that since it is pirate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have figured out how I can keep the springs outside the frame and not have any tire to spring issues. I actually just traded my wheels for some with a little more offset. I will get some pictures up after I get it rolling, pictures don't come out very well in my dark little garage.Thanks for the input and putting up with my newbie question.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I used 2.5" Rancho Scout lift springs on top of D-60, then moved my stock Scout springs under the frame and also back about 8 in. from outboard frame location. Also on top of 14B

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like I am going to use some F250 springs with a leaf removed. They may be to stiff I don't know yet but we will see.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Personally I wouldn't recommend using the stock scout rear springs for anything spring over. I lost several inches in mine due to spring wrap.
Can you say anti-wrap bar?

·
Registered
645 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts