Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I acquired my jeep rather modified, I am looking to re-modify to better fit me. Previous owner installed a Rock Krawler 5.5" lift (Gen 1 IIRC) and removed the rear sway bar (or it never had one)

this is an 03' Rubicon, since he used it as mainly a rcok crawler and little street, that missing bit made no difference.

I on the other hand use this as my DD, and would like to install a rear sway bar due to the fact that I feel the rear sway if I have to make quick lane changes or lean on long fly over highway bridges.

Is there another solution besides going with a custom Currie Anti-Rock rear kit.

Or should I just dig deep and drop one of those kits on the rear and quit my harping??

thanks in advance and yes I did search found a lot of stuff for sale but nothing much else, so :flipoff2:

·
Registered
98 Posts
why can't you just put a factory sway bar on it? I'm not familiar with your lift kit but If you have a stock rear axle and no one has torched off the sway bar mounts it might just bolt up... I'll sell you my rear swaybar and mounting hardware if I can find it, it's been three years since my rig's seen it.

It will bolt up if: you have stock mounts on ur axle, it doesn't interfere with your lift kit's control arms, and you use extended links from the swaybar to the frame (i have two sets of these too I think, one for 4.5" lift and one for 6" lift).

EDIT: I just checked the Rock Krawler Suspension website, looks like their long arm kit comes with rear swaybar link extensions, which means they plan on people keeping their stock swaybar, which means a stock swaybar will work. I assume....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is the later gen kits,

might fit mine then,I have never found anywhere to get a factory bar, and I have no idea if mine actually had one, is the stock D44 they put in the rubicons, and I am pretty sure he didn't torch off much of anything, just welded on what the kit had to bolt on :-s

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then I will see what I can find for hardware

·
Registered
385 Posts
I put an addco rear sway bar in my tj. Helps on the road, and doesn't seems to hinder articulation offroad too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts