Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im ditching the 5" lift springs that came on the wifes toyota when i bought it. So f150 springs in the rear and what i believe are 70-83 toyota rears up front. So of course the front axle got pushed forward a couple inches. Is my only option relocating the steering box? Is there similiar junkyard springs i can look for that will keep the axle in its original location?
Not really our wheelin rig just wanted to ride a bit better ,worst case scenario i move the steering box i guess.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4 . Was just curious if there were other springs thatd get the same result and not 2in shorter on the front side. Was just gonna be a quick little project on a truck that gets no attention but it always seems to snowball.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
I dont think I have ever seen the box installed that far back even on a sas with stock lift leaf springs. It must have been real close before the spring swap.

·
Banned
7,229 Posts
RUF should have only moved the axle up 2". The box wasn't set up right to begin with, time to move it.

You could redrill the perch for an inch, but I doubt that would help.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
With weight on it.the front didnt settle as low as id have liked to match th rear. That box would have to move out past the core support .ive read a few threads on it ,just seems hard to justify if im not 100% happy with the ride height that the springs i have offer.or i can stop dicking around and just move the fucking thing.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts