Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bud called and wants me to help him put one of the rear cargo windows in his FJ 60. I have scoured every book I have and cannot find a description on the process, anyone have any tips? :confused:

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Dammit! I thought you meant rear FJ60 sliders, I'll try again!!!:mad: Stolen from the LCML (author listed)

I learned a few things when installing my sliders (I'm
assuming you're talking about the ones from SOR). The main thing to keep inmind is that they do not really fit; that is to say, you'll see that thereare differing gaps between the window space on your wagon and the windowframe itself. If you use the weather stripping that comes with the sliders,you may be dissatisfied with the end result (of course, you may not be as
particular as I am...). Clear as mud?After visiting numerous glass shops and receiving no assurances that the job would come out right, I finally found a guy who understood the situation. He
pulled out a 3M weatherstrip product that has a hollow core to it, allowing it to expand into the uneven spaces where needed, and be squashed flat under the window where not needed, if that makes sense. It came out great, and I dare say they look like they came stock. I HIGHLY recommend using this product on the install of the SOR sliders, and to just throw away the junk
strip that comes with them! If you want me to try to get the exact 3M product name for you, I'll be happy to ask him what it is...
I hope this helps and that it was clear enough. Good luck‹they are a great addition!

Christopher Dery

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put the rubber gasket around the piece of glass. Wrap a piece of string around the inside of the rubber gasket with the two ends hanging out in the middle of one of the long sides of the glass. Have someone hold the glass/gasket/string up to the window hole from outside the truck. Work as much of the gasket to the inside of the window hole in the body. The corners will be a bugger. Holding one end of the string in place pull the other end of the string out (at a 90 Degree angle from the surface of the glass) which will bull the gasket through. You can use some silicone spray to help the process along if you need to.

HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts