Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any pointers to this kind of setup? running 35-36" tires....i've seen several rigs running this but all have altered the wheelbase by lengthening. is anyone running this on a full body tub? i have a lead on some stock TJ coils and linkages already made for this setup and thought i'd ask around a bit before purchasing anything....

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Really

TJ's have leaf springs in the front? :flipoff2:

Cool :cool:

I think Nosliw was trying to fab up some coils for the rear, but everyone that we have seen has stretched their wheelbase back about 6 or 7 inches. He was wanting to see if anyone has did it with stock wheelbase to get some ideas and ask if it works. :p

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Re: Really

Droopy said:

I think Nosliw was trying to fab up some coils for the rear, but everyone that we have seen has stretched their wheelbase back about 6 or 7 inches. He was wanting to see if anyone has did it with stock wheelbase to get some ideas and ask if it works. :p
O so he goes to his newbies friends house to stick up for himself. :flipoff2:

Anything can be made to work, its been done before. search.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Re: Really

Droopy said:

Actually smart ass...a lot of TJs are running leaves in the the front:flipoff2: and I didn;t see anywhere in the question where it mentioned the front suspension...all he asked was about the coils in the rear witha stock wheelbase and if it works...do TJs work???:p

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Well

Well, we are newbies here. :eek: But, if you are going to comment like a smartass, then you will get it right back. Just because I don't live on the computer and post on every topic does not make me a newbie. So, sorry for the smartass comment, but your's was too. Just responding to your original...they're called TJ's, comment which was a lot of help.

I am sure that some people have put leaves on their TJ's on the front. I am sure that some people put leaves on their TJ's on the back. I am sure that some people put leaves all the way around on their TJ's. Who knows why? But, you commented originally that they are called TJ's.

Well, if you can't help, then why reply? He was just wanting to see some pics or get advice on how to set up rear coils on a YJ. He stated he is not lengthening...he is staying the same wheelbase length.

Maybe my comment was out of bad taste, but just responding to an even dumber one. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Some guys in my club are running 2" TJ rear coils on their CJ7s. To mount them they use stock TJ mounting buckets. This seems to give them around 5-6" of lift. I think a YJ has more of an upturn in the frame in the rear so you could probably expect a little less lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts