Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its tuesday where I'm at so I got an idea.

I've been working on a buddy of mine's '83 yota trying to get it to a rolling state. It is all stock, if you could call the pile of parts stock. He has acquired a 3" all spring lift. I'm tired of working on his shit in the dirt so I wanted to get the axles back under it to be able to get it to a shop.

Then a thought crossed my mind. Since the lift springs are stock length with stock eye bolt lengths in theory wouldn't the rears up from put the stock push-pull set-up back to factory lock-to-lock on the wheel? With the axle 1 1/2" closer to the box would it not make up for the 3" of arc in the springs?
Only reason I ask is his funds are limited and binding a tire in a spring is a pain in the ass when your too twisted to move.

Sorry its long and dumb. But its a thought...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True but we already have the 3" springs and I can help him find another set of rears... so I was wondering if it would correct the steering center?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guy, thanks for the help. That was one of those late night "lightbulbs" that went off. The more I thought about it the more complications came to mind.

AA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts