Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds stupid buttttttt......

When I did my d60 swap I made all the brackets etc to fit stock rear f150 springs. I ran out of cash and ended up using the one ton front springs and had a WAY sucky shackle angle.

I now have swapped those for said 1/2 rear springs and still have a sucky shackle angle. A friend of mine said between said sucky shackle angle and running no trac bar my shit is "dangerous". Would pirate say trufe or is he blowing smoke up my ass?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
what is the sucky angle ? - no trac arm - so what heeps didnt have them for years, neather did early ford trucks - close up pics man - and - you suck :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, and any of your fab work is dangerous - :flipoff2:

now pics man
Yes it is. Pics are impossible POS digi cam shit the bed. The "bad" shackle angle is about 25-30* to the frame rather than the 40* I would prefere.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
~6-8". I'm not worried about the wheeling side because I doubt it matters much in snow (which is the only thing I wheel this one in) but I dont want somthing thats not safe on the road.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
alright, since your camera is broke... go take that mall cruiser, get a couple 12 year olds that have camera phones... and take some damn pictures of your front end for us.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright, since your camera is broke... go take that mall cruiser, get a couple 12 year olds that have camera phones... and take some damn pictures of your front end for us.

:flipoff2:
16 is legal up here I thank you :flipoff2:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I know this sounds stupid buttttttt......

When I did my d60 swap I made all the brackets etc to fit stock rear f150 springs. I ran out of cash and ended up using the one ton front springs and had a WAY sucky shackle angle.

I now have swapped those for said 1/2 rear springs and still have a sucky shackle angle. A friend of mine said between said sucky shackle angle and running no trac bar my shit is "dangerous". Would pirate say trufe or is he blowing smoke up my ass?
from the stuff i've seen you post and comment, you can't even figure out if your front end and shackle angle is safe?

all the other comments you've made about other peoples builds and such, you can't figure out how to fix your own bad shackle angle? i think you postwhore it up to cover up your newbness

and a tracbar on a leaf sprung rig? you might as well run stock swaybars

:shaking:

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from the stuff i've seen you post and comment, you can't even figure out if your front end and shackle angle is safe?

all the other comments you've made about other peoples builds and such, you can't figure out how to fix your own bad shackle angle? i think you postwhore it up to cover up your newbness

Your a fucking idiot. Please feel free to remove yourself from the gene pool.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts

and you have what? 2 posts? go back to pavementsucks.:shaking:

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
A friend of mine said between said sucky shackle angle and running no trac bar my shit is "dangerous". Would pirate say trufe or is he blowing smoke up my ass?
Please. I run no track bar and my shit tracks like a dream on 44s. There is no damn need for track bars with your setup, or anybody else with a leafsprung fullsize....assuming everything else was done right (a shackle reversal and cross-over steering is a good way of insuring it tracks well). Granted, while your shackle angle isn't optimal its no "unsafe", either. An easy was to correct your angle on that would just be to cut out some new brackets....cut out some with a curve in them and voila. Tell Captain Safety he's blowing smoke up your ass.

That said, I'd sure rather see pics of what you've put together before I said it was safe :flipoff2:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your a fucking idiot. Please feel free to remove yourself from the gene pool.
clearly your the idiot, look what your asking
this is pirate and your asking if your 'sucky shackle angle' is unsafe because a a friend told you it was?
sounds like a newb question to me
and my question is how do you acquire 1400 posts without knowing the basics of a leafsprung rig and basic shackle angles.
and you have what? 2 posts? go back to pavementsucks.:shaking:
my point exactly. i have 2 posts so in your mind i must be a newbie unlike you who have over 1000 posts which you must be a knarly fabricator and hardcore wheeler right? wrong. and of course you have to butt your way into this thread and make sure to comment on something to up your post count even more just so you don't feel like a senseless idiot. im guessing thats also how you got your whopping 1000 post count up too:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,757 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
clearly your the idiot, look what your asking
this is pirate and your asking if your 'sucky shackle angle' is unsafe because a a friend told you it was?
sounds like a newb question to me
and my question is how do you acquire 1400 posts without knowing the basics of a leafsprung rig and basic shackle angles.

my point exactly. i have 2 posts so in your mind i must be a newbie unlike you who have over 1000 posts which you must be a knarly fabricator and hardcore wheeler right? wrong. and of course you have to butt your way into this thread and make sure to comment on something to up your post count even more just so you don't feel like a senseless idiot. im guessing thats also how you got your whopping 1000 post count up too:flipoff2:
Your join date makes you a noob, not your post count.

This was really my first "BIG" fabbing project, hence the stoopid questions. Again, rather safe than sorry.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please. I run no track bar and my shit tracks like a dream on 44s. There is no damn need for track bars with your setup, or anybody else with a leafsprung fullsize....assuming everything else was done right (a shackle reversal and cross-over steering is a good way of insuring it tracks well). Granted, while your shackle angle isn't optimal its no "unsafe", either. An easy was to correct your angle on that would just be to cut out some new brackets....cut out some with a curve in them and voila. Tell Captain Safety he's blowing smoke up your ass.

That said, I'd sure rather see pics of what you've put together before I said it was safe :flipoff2:
Shackle is on the back of the spring rather than the front. All hangers are welded to the frame AND bolted (welds/ brackets aint purdy, but they will hold).

Drove it down the road for the first time today. Wothout shocks it still rides and tracks better than my stock ranger does, so I'm not too worried about it.

I wasn't worried about the trac-bar until I saw that there was one there stock, I'd much rather ask a stoopid question than smack into a bus full of kids.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts