Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking its time for a full size jeep build. I want a pick up so right now I am leaning twords a j20. Are there anythings I should know to look for or avoid (quadrajunk) with these jeeps because i have no experience with them.

thanks for the info
micky

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
well i have a j10 that has the 360/th300/qt/d44front&rear setup...pretty nice.

the qt is only junk if you don't maintain it. a well maintained qt can be flogged with 38's no problem. any bigger and you're gonna want an np205 or something similar.

j20's are nice, but they're fairly rare. j10's are a dime a dozen in most places and can be beat on with 35's (open diff's, 33's if you're locked).

just my .02 cents. if you're set on a j20 look for a manual/d20 d60 rear setup. thats a stout setup on any rig!!.

by the way...winch/tow bumpers, lifts (0-6"), lockers, gears, sliders, skids, etc. are readily available and reletively cheap.

·
Registered
21,813 Posts
hmm... the only reasons i can think of to avoid a J20 is if maybe you wear panties when no one is looking, or you like being like everyone else..

:) otherwise, go for it, tons of good parts on the cheap, some of it will be FSJ only until you do major swappage... but most of what a J20 was born with wont need to be swapped anyway...

do a springover, move the springs down under the frame rails in back with a shackle flip. then give 'er hell!

peace, Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts