Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
depending on how hard it will get used, i would do everything possible to it to make it better short of having a spare in the bed of your jeep on the trail.

jiMMy

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
DO A SEARCH! hahaha Had to give you some chit buddy.

TH350 is pretty easy to rebuild. Things to watch out for are stripped splines on a the stator shaft. Blown sprag.

As long as those are good you can rebuild it for around $125 including a little rebuild manual, Clutches, steels, seals, gaskets, modulator and a rebuilt torque converter.

http://www.delta-transparts.com/ in Alabama can hook you up with the parts. Or you can get them from J.C. WHitney, Summit, Jegs. Delta is a little cheaper but your going to have to set up a acct with them. It's worth it they also have service parts like transfer case chains.

Get a cheap harmonic ballancer puller from Autozone and some big flatwashers or a peice of 2x8x1/4 flat stock with a hold just bige enough for the threaded end of the puller and three 3/8's by 1.25 bolts and nuts. With those parts you can make a compressor for the clutch packs. Works pretty good. If you have a press that will work also except #1 clutch pack that is all the way in the tail of the case.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Ohh and I'd leave it fairly stock excpt maybe a beefier sprag. The 4.3 isn't going to put to much strain on it to need more clutches.

Revers manual valve body...Good for mudders, good for drag racers. Not a big deal for crawlers. Only thing nice it you can rocke from drive to reverse easier and blow the sprag out.
If your putting that in your CJ I'd just get a Art Carr or B&M Star with gated drive/ Reverse lock out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts