Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i built this the kids were much smaller the small rear bench was plenty of room now our boy is 13 and getting bigger everyday and our little girl is now 8 ,time flys for sure. any way i didnt have much storage and our son needed more space.

i wanted to build from scratch at first but dedided to rebuild what i have,it has served me well over the years and it fits the timeline and budget alot better also

this is what i was starting with my junker.16in air shocks single tri 4 link,full hydro single ended ram,5.29s,6.5 case. flipped xj rear leafs 105wb,worn out 38 tsl/sx, around 20-21in belly at trail pressures not much money in it worked very well

few weeks ago i busted out the sawsall and this is what happened

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
plan is to go 10 inches longer 115 is a little longer than i wanted was hoping to stay at 112 but i need the room and dont think it will be to long,putting 2 full size suspension seats in the rear,still need to buy some been looking for something used but no luck yet

keeping the leafs in the rear they work,there cheap and so am i
a good friend of mine is very skilled with the bender he will be doing the tube work,i never was happy with the tube work it was my first go round and i learned alot but im no pro.

building the rear frame from 2x4x.120

rails mocked up added 10 inches of length to what i cut off seems like more when you look at it

got lucky and my eyeball cut was perfect on the drivers side

not so much on the other side,the bottom was the correct length just needed to trim a bit and it was good to go

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moving along..

shackle hangers started

other side completed

from the front

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
and one more of how it sits at the moment
front hangers are just tacked,bought the hangers from ruff stuff only thing i have had to buy to this point

plan on fininshing up the leafsprings,fish plating the rear rails where they connect to the factory frame mounting the cell,fuel pump,filters and the brake line on tuesday,as much of that as i can get done anyway then its going over to my buddies shop for tube

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks dude got it off the jackstands yesterday,im happy with it so far plan on spending saturday afternoon out in the garage should have it ready for tube by the 20th,hope to be wheeling march weather should be perfect

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been super busy,scored a 36in corbeau bench off of craigslist for $50,dropped off money for tube with my buddy,fish plates and spring hangers all done. going to try and get over to SDHQ tomorrow and pick up some tabs to mount the seat.

going to start bending tube this weekend.

theres your damn update :flipoff2:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

it has some kind of yellow dust all over it i thought it was all grey when i picked it up but it is dark grey vinyl and light blue cloth for $50 im not worried what color it is

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not much to update, picked up 4 new 37 bfg reds,getting new cheap black steel wheels to go along with them,one paying job in front of my freebie at my buddies place then it will get tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts