Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone can help me with a few questions. I'm using a 208 behind a 700R4 in a samurai. In order to get clearence covorage from the frame and a possability for it to work for me I have clocked the transfer case counter clock wise about 60 degrees. This puts the front drive line output shaft slightly above the input and rear drive line shafts. What are the lubrication issues i need to be looked at? Dose this transfer case use an oil pump with a pick up and where is the pick up? Does anyone have a picture of an exploded view or a link to a site that may help? Tanx Steve

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Cmbrsum said:
Can someone can help me with a few questions. I'm using a 208 behind a 700R4 in a samurai. In order to get clearence covorage from the frame and a possability for it to work for me I have clocked the transfer case counter clock wise about 60 degrees. This puts the front drive line output shaft slightly above the input and rear drive line shafts. What are the lubrication issues i need to be looked at? Dose this transfer case use an oil pump with a pick up and where is the pick up? Does anyone have a picture of an exploded view or a link to a site that may help? Tanx Steve
Cool deal on clocking the 208 (might make some $$ for a kit). It lubricated by the ole "splash" technique. Just fill it up as far as you can and drive......good luck......:D

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
My guess would be to fill it up for all it's worth and then some, then make yourself a storage tank on the vent line to catch all the oil that's going to start coming out.

If I'm doing the math right in my head, are you gonna start filling this thing with the drain plug now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts