Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I guess since im headed to Casa de Pete later today to pick up the M&P45.... I might as well start thinking about a suppressor for the damn thing. And since Im thinking about a .45 suppressor.... I might as well think about one that can handle being put on my 45/70 and lobbing pieces of lead twice the size as the .45acp.

Im a big fan of suppressors with a quick disconnect muzzle device just because it doesnt wear on the rifle threads so bad.... great for the rifle but shitty for the pistol.... but at least the pistol barrel is easy to just buy another and drop in.

What say you guys?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know I am not a regular poster but his is something I know about. I have a pile of suppressors and there is only one can I would own for a pistol larger than .22. The silencerco osprey is the only way to go. Very quiet for a pistol can and does not require changing your sites becauseof the shape of the can. The bonus is you can swap boosters and shoot it on .45, .40, and 9mm. If you have any questions shoot me a message.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
AAC TiRant, It looks good on your pistol.

I have a YHM Cobra 9mm on my Sig and have been very happy with it.

The issue with both of these is you need taller sights. I have raised tritiums on my Sig. Can show you that also.

A really nice around this is the Osprey. Random web photo

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Idont know if there is a 45 can on the market readily available designed for the 45-70.

I wonder if a 45cal designed for full auto subgun would be upto it?

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
I think the Knights brick for the MK23 pistol might hold up, but it would make shooting the M&P no fun at all due to weight.

A custom can, or perhaps a Bower's CAC45 might be in order for the levergun.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
So it looks like we need to get moving forward on my baffle stamping press idea. 2"x8" stainless tube with stainless baffles. Set it up to work with the YHM QD mount. Then it could run on 45-70, 308 556.

Or maybe a 338 can and rebore it. That would technically mean it is remanufactured, but I can do that :)
Then get the YHM 338 brake and bore that also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts