Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever wheeled red lake outside of shaver lake? My buddy and I are going next weekend and I wanted some info. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on, thanks for the info. My buddy and I were talking about camping at coyote. I will check it out. thanks

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
We did both trails about this time 3 years ago. Red and coyote lake were not that bad at all. At the time I was running 33's open/open with 6'' of lift. Here are some pics from the trip.

Fyi, if you are going to camp up there, bring some cold weather gear, it got down to about 10 deg at night

here are the rest of the pics

http://fototime.com/inv/A3D5020FE8335CD

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im getting my snow gear ready just in case. Both of our rigs are built, so they dont bother us, but the snow will be a challange

·
Registered
85 Posts
dood I can't wait! it is gonna be cold, but fun!

·
Registered
528 Posts
That trail is beautiful, not super challenging for a well built rig. bring your fishing poles and bug spray. Also you may want to check out mirror lake, it is also at the same trailhead. It is a little more challenging coming back up from the lake. Everything is beautiful up there so bring your camera. We were up there a few weeks ago and unstacked a bunch of rocks to make it a little tougher. Have Fun!:D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The trip was awsome! Cold... but nothing a few beers and a fire couldn't help. Thanks to my trail guide, we toured the whole MT. before we made it to camp at Red Lake. Big Dave, Little Dave and Henry... see you in Hollister!

·
Registered
75 Posts
We had a great time at Red, it was nice meeting you. I'll hook up with you guys when we make a plan for Hollister. After your tour of the whole mountain, I dont know if I'll ask Rob to be my tour guide....Ha.....pretty uneventfull trip out, L.D. lost a tire outside Turlock..anybody have a line on a 33x12.50x15 half worn MTR ? Dave..

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont think we will have to worry about Rob getting lost in HH... he will figure out a way to lay it on its side though! Good luck with finding the tires... the pics were taken with my cell phone... sorry if they look like shit:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm sure if i try hard enough I can get us lost in hollister hills! or mabey not! it would be fun none the less!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts