Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ordered- 88' 1.75dom tube, links (1.25 end 2"x.250 tube), 2.5x18" airshox, sniperfab truss and tabs, It will be Awn here soon!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Im glad this thing went to someone thats gonna fix it up and beat the piss out of it. If you want ive got some god vids and pics of this thing back in ole VT. heres one from a while back.
thank and hell yeah. that shit looks cold!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Why are you wheeling in a running stream?:confused:

With permission or not, that seems wrong...
It was a flood... they were running for their lives! Pandemonium... dogs loving cats... the whole terrible tragedy!!! Glad you werent there...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
update...got some work done

Cut it in half and started working on it. Hardest part of the bending is done. The splice above the dash was a bitch. compound bend that had to end up on a brace. I slid a piece of 1.5 in the a-pillar hole so the splice would be strong (not real purdy though, got some smoothing to do). I'll be changing the dash and front shocks also. 4-linking the rear with 2.5 airshox, 2.25 lowers with 1.25 heims. Here's progress so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Looks good! Now do a monocoil with a 1-link and use the driveshaft as the link like you have in the pic! Save tons of $$$ and make racebronco "angry"

Chris:cool2:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Little bit more

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
couple more. Fixed the roof too. flat bars were ugly from the side...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Looks great. But IMO, you really need to re-do the radiator/grille hoop on the front of the rig. The old inverted-U shape doesn't fit the badass cab you're building any more. ;)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looks great. But IMO, you really need to re-do the radiator/grille hoop on the front of the rig. The old inverted-U shape doesn't fit the badass cab you're building any more. ;)
Yeah I was seeing that too. I was hoping to hit it with a 12 pound sledge right between the eyes and give it some attitude...But I'll probably just redo it.:D

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Little bit done today. tieing into the frame was a bitch but it should work pretty good. put a 2x6x3/16 in the frame rail. That will give me a place for frame style upper link mounts and a 2x4x1/4 x-member between the two that I can mount the lower links to. need to figure out the bracing in the rear to support the airshox fuel cell and radiator. here you go...

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
couple more. Sorry about the phone pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
looks great, but now u need to fix the front IMO
There is a hood for it. I will put that on there and look at it again and see how it looks. It covers up the bar over the lights. Its a waggy hood so it has a little peak that may work. We'll see...

21 - 40 of 112 Posts