Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been saving up my money to buy a pair of redline axles but have not seen any post about them lately. I read that they were moving,merging,something and were not taking orders until they cleared up the backlog they have.Has anyone gotten new axles latrly or heard from them? Also what about play in the splines this does consern me? THIS MONEY IS BURNING A HOLE IN MY POCKET.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also interested in hearing what anyone "in the know" has to say about the state of Redline. I have started to assume that they have taken my money and gone to Bermuda on it. Originally I was supposed to pick up my axles direct from Keith in Everett on May 4. Multiple phone calls and five months later, I still have no axles. Hopefully somebody is getting a good tan out of the deal. Any information, rumors or otherwise is appreciated.

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: chinook ]

·
Premium Member
7,366 Posts
Originally posted by 834x4 4.3:
<STRONG>THIS MONEY IS BURNING A HOLE IN MY POCKET.</STRONG>
Should I PM you my address? My rig accepts donations! J/K!

I have the kit and recommend it. Give Redline Offroad a call, he can tell you when he will be ready to accept new orders. I waited quite a while but it is worth it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TWO OF MY FRIEND BOUGHT THEM AND BROKE THEM BIG DAN BROKE HIS ON HIS FRIST RUN TO THE CON AND ROB (CRAWLTOY)BROKE HIS ON HIS THIRD TRIP. ROP HAS BE WAITING FOR ABOUT 2 MOUTHS FOR HIS REPLACEMENTS DAN BEEN WAITING SINCE MCR. SO IF YOU DONT MIND THE WAIT GET THEM. THERE PRETTY COOL AND I LITTLE STRONGER THEN BRIF'S

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
I got an email from Keith a couple weeks ago. He wanted to know if I was still interested in his products.

Don't know how busy he is, but he's still in business I guess. I too am interested in the birfield replacement axles.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend $895 on alloy axles, or $675 on the standard ones? This may be a future upgrade if really works well. I have to see if I blow many birfs first though.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Originally posted by LCKD4RNR:
<STRONG>I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend $895 on alloy axles, or $675 on the standard ones? This may be a future upgrade if really works well. I have to see if I blow many birfs first though.</STRONG>
When I purchased the Redline kit in June all they had were the standard Spicer axles and the Warn high alloy axles. I opted for the Warn axles because they were having problems with the Spicer axles breaking. I do recommend the better axles. I have a number of trips to the “Con”, 4-Dice and Deer Valley. My wife and I have put the axles to the test and they have taken it so far. One of the things that you have to remember is this kit is not “bullet proof”. This kit is a D-44 axle and D-44’s have been known to break. In fact I have seen D-44 joints blow in spots that Birfields have walked right through. A lot of why things blow is the driving technique and the driver.

Which one would I recommend, spend the money and get the one with the Moser axles. In my opinion they are worth it.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I've got about 6 or 7 trips on mine and love em. I got just the spicer axles and they seem to be holding up great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts