Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very little tek OS, but lots of pics on the following links:

http://groups.msn.com/TheGrafHenleyPages/poisonspiderlaunchpad.msnw

http://groups.msn.com/TheGrafHenleyPages/goldbargoldenspike.msnw

Ran the crack backwards and frontwards. On the backwards one I took the same line as this sick jeep, and didn't even lift a wheel. VERY FREAKY. Run the normal direction it was no big deal. Going down Double Whammy was ok, but I caught some air going up.

Didn't get a picture of it, but I got 18 inches of air on the launch pad! I can honestly say it was the most fun I have ever had in that truck.

Carnage:
Bent front bumper (1/8 inch deflection)
Power steering adjuster came loose, scary the shiat out of me from it puking everywhere.
Beat the shiat out of my pinion guard in a rock garden at the end of Horse Canyon. (BFH repair)

Ran:
Poison Spyder
Gold Bar
Golden Spike
Salt Creek/Horse Canyon

Crack:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lwg said:
I see your back. How did the tire carrier hold up?
Narry a wiggle. Didn't get close to any butt stands though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Nice pics! I would love to make it to Moab one day. Aren't you still running the cones in the rear?

Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WBDISCO said:
Nice pics! I would love to make it to Moab one day. Aren't you still running the cones in the rear?

Brad
Yep, but this was their last run. I took out the retainers just to see how tippy it really was like this on the bigger tires.

I think the cones really hurt you in the initial unloading, I never felt tippy on the extreme stuff, it was more the sloppyness on the whoopty doos that got me.

I am ordering up some 360-400# extra length springs that I will fully retain.

I also want to run 9012s on the front next.

j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Nice meeting you in Moab

John,

Nice pics. We met on Poison Spider last week in Moab, I had the AA D90. I wound up finishing golden spike and gold bar that day. What a ride. I can't believe your rangie was not vertical through the crack. My 90 kissed the sky. I will post pics soon as my computer is back from the dead and scanner is working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Nice meeting you in Moab

Outsidr said:
John,

Nice pics. We met on Poison Spider last week in Moab, I had the AA D90. I wound up finishing golden spike and gold bar that day. What a ride. I can't believe your rangie was not vertical through the crack. My 90 kissed the sky. I will post pics soon as my computer is back from the dead and scanner is working.
Got wheelbase? I ran my front shocks WAY soft and my rear WAY stiff just for that trail. Seemed to work. You might try that if you have 9000's

j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,178 Posts
redrangie said:
Very little tek OS, but lots of pics on the following links:

http://groups.msn.com/TheGrafHenleyPages/poisonspiderlaunchpad.msnw

http://groups.msn.com/TheGrafHenleyPages/goldbargoldenspike.msnw

Ran the crack backwards and frontwards. On the backwards one I took the same line as this sick jeep, and didn't even lift a wheel. VERY FREAKY. Run the normal direction it was no big deal. Going down Double Whammy was ok, but I caught some air going up.

Didn't get a picture of it, but I got 18 inches of air on the launch pad! I can honestly say it was the most fun I have ever had in that truck.

Carnage:
Bent front bumper (1/8 inch deflection)
Power steering adjuster came loose, scary the shiat out of me from it puking everywhere.
Beat the shiat out of my pinion guard in a rock garden at the end of Horse Canyon. (BFH repair)

Ran:
Poison Spyder
Gold Bar
Golden Spike
Salt Creek/Horse Canyon

Crack:
GOT REAR STEER?

cool pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
Re: Nice meeting you in Moab

Outsidr said:
John,

Nice pics. We met on Poison Spider last week in Moab, I had the AA D90. I wound up finishing golden spike and gold bar that day. What a ride. I can't believe your rangie was not vertical through the crack. My 90 kissed the sky.
hehe

Long wheelbase rules the crack, baby...short WB reaches for the sky...

I was there a few years ago, riding in a 100" RR Classic with only 31" tires and a 2" lift - thing looked stock. We came down the reverse way and walked the crack with only minor wheel hikeage. Really wierded out a bunch of Jeepers who were doing everything but strapping rollcages to make it through.

Here: http://www.probeelectronics.com/lrx/moab008.htm

They thought we were some sort of freaky slickrock aliens but we were actually clueless flatlanders from IL.

jay
:usa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
discosaurus - cut that crap out. i mean we can't have just anybody in a stock rover out there running the trails :flipoff2:

i liked the jeepers faces better when i had the 205's -

cheers,

isaac
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top