Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running up to Dallas to check with KC on some of the final touches on the D110 (which btw is totally friggin badass - thanks KC), and I happened to look over as I was speeding up I45 outside of Huntsville, Tx. What did I see, but a jacked up Range Rover (or should I say insanely jacked up). Looks just like Red Rangie's avatar. So I stopped and shot some picts.

Here they are:

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More shots:

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dig the air bag suspension. What do you think Slade?

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More bootie fab.

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And finally the coups de gras, very scarry steering!

Billster

Attachments

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Well.....

IMO, the air springs are the LEAST of this guy's worrries.

:eek: :eek:

I hope the rotational force sideways isn't too strong for those little mounts they've got going on.

However, the rest of the truck actually makes it look like they knew what they were doing, so those spring mounts might be ok.

The FLIP SIDE of this is the suspension and steering. Yikes!

I'll just sit from the sidelines and watch.

I wonder how big the tires are that are planned for that thing, and if the builder knows how weak those 2-pin carriers, axle shafts and CV's are. I don't see very many miles on those axles in this trucks future.

Oh yeah, he's going to need those 'extended' brake lines.

And *I've* been accused of throwing away $$$$ at a LR.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Do you think he will be able to get it together for the Chili Challenge:flipoff2: :rolleyes: What a loon!!!! there is really not any good reason to do that to a rover. I tried to justify it, but I cant. I mean, at least throw some monster truck axles in there if its gona be that tall.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think it looks like someone lited it to get there sign on the door more visible from the highway:confused:

cant believe that that is serious, but if it is ,its the :rainbow: est:barf:mobile I'v seen

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You guys should lighten up.

I swear.... just because he is still running 205's and stock mudflaps you guys have to pick on him.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

-Jeff

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have to say that this thing is going to be the hottest monster truck on the circuit as soon as they save up enough money for driveshafts and the rest of their airbags!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
lotsa flex out of that one, eh?

screw the 2x4/u-joint lifts . . . PIPE LIFTS RULE!!

i don't think anyone has to worry about driving next to him on the freeway . . . .

as a marketing tool, this thing will probably do wonders for his business. a good spectacle will reel them in everytime.

in oklahoma on I-35 there's a HUGE 4x4 big-rig, with trailer, sitting up vertically on it's nose, with the biz name painted on the top of the trailer for all the world to see. looks stupid, but it works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts